Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 20:00

VNC Password issue

VNC Password issue

I am running TightVNC which requires a password. I can connect using a Windows VNC Viewer, but unable to connect with PocketCloud. I am prompted for the password which fails and never connects.

I know the computer is access able as I can reach it using the PocketCloud RDP function.

Please advise,
Niles

8 Posts

August 11th, 2015 05:00

VNC Password issue 

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Hello Niles, have you tried saving the VNC password within the connections settings in PocketCloud? Are you able to connect? You may want to try resetting your VNC password within TightVNC to see if that helps too. 

Yes, I did save the password in the settings. I use the same password with a VNC viewer all the time without issue. I have tried this internal and external to my domain. No Love.

Niles

8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post

Niles,
A couple of more questions:
1- What Brand and version is the VNC server you are using?
2- Does it require password Encryption?
3- Is the username account associated with a domain? 

1. TightVNC 2.5.2
2. No
3. No

8 Posts

Same results after reinstall.

Niles

623 Posts

Niles,
A couple of more questions:
1- What Brand and version is the VNC server you are using?
2- Does it require password Encryption?
3- Is the username account associated with a domain? 

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1.3K Posts

Can you try uninstalling TightVNC? After uninstalling it also verify you do not have any other VNC clients installed on your computer.

After this, download and install TightVNC again here:

http://tightvnc.com/download.php

Please let me know if this helps. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Can you try resetting your VNC password within TightVNC and then restart the PocketCloud service again to see if that corrects the issue? 

Josh Maurer

8 Posts

VNC Password issue 

Are you using auto-discovery (with companion software) or are you using a manual connection?

If you are using auto-discovery, can you restart the companion service for me? To do this, type services in the start menu search area, navigate to Services (local), look for the Wyse PocketCloud service and restart it. 

Yes, I am using Auto Discovery. I have two computers with the same setup and I restarted the service on both. Same results.

1.3K Posts

Hello Niles, have you tried saving the VNC password within the connections settings in PocketCloud? Are you able to connect? You may want to try resetting your VNC password within TightVNC to see if that helps too. 

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Are you using auto-discovery (with companion software) or are you using a manual connection?

If you are using auto-discovery, can you restart the companion service for me? To do this, type services in the start menu search area, navigate to Services (local), look for the Wyse PocketCloud service and restart it. 

Josh Maurer

8 Posts

VNC Password issue 

Can you try resetting your VNC password within TightVNC and then restart the PocketCloud service again to see if that corrects the issue?

Same results. Going to complete uninstall and reinstall PocketCloud Companion.

Niles

No Events found!