Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 01:00

VPN connection doesn't work, question on screen resolution

VPN connection doesn't work, question on screen resolution

I was able to connect to both my home PC and my work laptop using the auto-detect. I didn't try RDP, but noticed on the free version, the screen resolution only goes up to something like 1280x1064. In the paid version, is 1680x1050 an option? I have both my computers set to that, and the auto-detect shrinks the screen, which then completely screws up all my desktop icons the next time I log into the computers, which makes this unusable to me.

Second, and more important question: I can log into my work computer, but when i try to connect to the VPN client (Cisco), it will never connect. Is this a known issue? Without the ability to do this, the PocketCloud program is also useless to me, as I mostly would get this for work. Sure, I can connect to the VPN ahead of time, however it's not unusual for the connection to *** out during the day, so I need the ability to reconnect it remotely.

Thanks for your help.

200 Posts

August 10th, 2015 00:00

The paid version has more resolution options but we currently don't include 1680x1050. We are working on a maintanance release for the paid version that will include arbitrary resolution so you can choose. In the mean time, one option is to use VNC to shadow your desktop as this won't change the resolution. You can simply download and install a free VNC server on your computer (e.g. TightVNC).

On your second question:
What VPN client are you using on your Android device?
PocketCloud should work as long as your Android Network/VPN is setup correctly.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

I don't use VPN on my phone. I'm trying to log the laptop into the VPN that it has installed on it already (Cisco). I can obviously log into the VPN via the laptop directly, yet when using my phone to get the laptop to connect to the VPN, it will not.

200 Posts

The problem with this is that as soon as you try to VPN from inside your computer it's networking properties probably change. Therefore, I assume your connection is probably being dropped? This does not sound like a supported use case. In order for this to work you would probably have to make sure the computer is on the VPN first and you would need to connect to it from PocketCloud after that (the AutoDiscovery feature might be useful depending on the firewall settings inside your VPN).

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!