Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Waiting for remote sign in...forever

Question Waiting for remote sign in...forever

I am a new user trying to get remote access to my workplace network on a samsung captivate with Android OS. I have set up the google account with gmail, downloaded the free version of Wyse Pocket Cloud, but cannot get it to work. On the Pocket cloud set up, I put in my gmail address and password then hit next...and it stays stuck waiting for remote sign in. 

I could very well be missing something basic as I cannot find any instructions.

If you have ideas, I would love to hear them

500 Posts

July 31st, 2015 04:00

Ratbird,

If you see "Waiting for remote sign in" message that is because you did not install PocketCloud Windows Companion on your PC. Or if its installed then you did not sign in into it.
Please install PocketCloud Windows Companion 2.1.14 on your PC from http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsuppor...re%20Downloads)
Then Sign In with gmail account. 
Then Launch PocketCloud on Android Device and sign in with the same Gmail account there.
You'll see - your PC will be displayed

Regards

14 Posts

August 4th, 2015 02:00

Thanks lana,
What you said makes sense and my searching just recently made me aware of "Companion".
However, I am trying to remotely log into a network, not a single computer. Do I need to ask the network administrator to incorporate the Companion program on our network? 

Ratbird

500 Posts

August 6th, 2015 07:00

Free version of PocketCloud does not support sound. Only Paid one

14 Posts

I was told that our network uses RDP for remote access. I am not trying to see all the computers. Each person (there are thousands) has a specific log in when using the network. We have a different program that allows remote access to our account on PCs. Pocketcloud is the program that I was told to use for remote phone access. Once it installs on my phone, I have instructions on how to set it up to access my specific account. I know some people with iPhones have done this successfully, but I believe that is a different version of PocketCloud. I have put in a question to my tech people to see if they need to install an Android version of the Companion program (I may be the first android user to request access this way). 

Let me know if my reasoning sounds faulty or if I am missing something.

Thanks

500 Posts

If you want to use Auto Discovery to see all PC's on your network you need to install Windows Companion on every single one.

Are you trying to conenct to your network via RDP or VMware View?
For VMware you need to use Manual Connections only.
Just Click + to add a conenction

Some companies can block internet access for security reasons.

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 08:00

Can you click on the menu(hard button) and click on keyboard(for manual activation).
Also

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

For autoactivate you need companion installed on desktop. For your case , you can maually activate keyboard.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

14 Posts

Suchitha,
Thank you, that was the basic thing I was doing wrong. I used your suggestion and put in my network information. I am getting the log in screen that I see when connecting remotely by computer but my keyboard is not coming up when I try to type in the username and password. I hope this is an easy one. 90 percent there.

ratbird

500 Posts

Ratbird,

Thank you to you too!

14 Posts

Suchitha,
Thank you, that was the basic piece I was missing. I was able to set up my network information and it brought up the familiar log in screen. My keyboard, however, is not coming up on the phone when I try to enter my network login information. Is there a setting I might have missed? I am prepared to scrap the current set up and start from scratch, but I want to wait until I hear any ideas you may have.

ratbird

14 Posts

This Worked. Thanks tons,

ratbird

14 Posts

I am confused by this response. Sound is not an issue. Were you, perhaps, responding to another question by mistake?

925 Posts

RatBird, You can manually create a rdp connection using the + sign. Please make sure you are on the same network as the host.
You dont need google service for this.
Does this work?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

500 Posts

Ratbird,

Sorry, yes you need to install PocketCloud Windows Companion on PC you want to access through the network and if it doesn't work IT might need to open some ports in order Windows Companion to work in your corporate environment

925 Posts

In the windows login screen you will need to manually activate the keyboard using the menu (first) button.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!