Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 08:00

Waiting for remote sign in

Waiting for remote sign in

Hi. I am new to PocketCloud and have now wasted hours trying to get connected, really need some help please. I installed PocketCloud Companion (v. 2.8.37) on my Dell XPS 8300 (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit) and logged in to my Google account. The PC is on a wireless home network.

I installed the PocketCloud Explore app (v. 1.0.58) on my Nexus 7 (2013), running Android 4.4.4. When I get to where it says "waiting for remote sign in," it never gets past that point. It continues to wait for hours. I ran the troubleshooting wizard on the PC and it says everything is OK. What do I need to do to make this work? I want to be able to access my PC from anywhere in the house.

Thanks.

103 Posts

July 28th, 2015 08:00

Are you able to login to Gmail from the Nexus from a browser? Try logging into PocketCloud after?

Quote Originally Posted by CMnHU View Post

Hi. I am new to PocketCloud and have now wasted hours trying to get connected, really need some help please. I installed PocketCloud Companion (v. 2.8.37) on my Dell XPS 8300 (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit) and logged in to my Google account. The PC is on a wireless home network.

I installed the PocketCloud Explore app (v. 1.0.58) on my Nexus 7 (2013), running Android 4.4.4. When I get to where it says "waiting for remote sign in," it never gets past that point. It continues to wait for hours. I ran the troubleshooting wizard on the PC and it says everything is OK. What do I need to do to make this work? I want to be able to access my PC from anywhere in the house.

Thanks.

July 29th, 2015 04:00

I don't use Gmail, I use a Yahoo address for my Google access. Is this the problem? My Google credentials for my Google+, Blogger, Calendar, Keep, etc, are all using my Yahoo email address, not a Gmail. Does this mean I can't use PocketCloud?

Thanks.

103 Posts

July 30th, 2015 06:00

If you are using auto-discovery of the remote computer a Gmail account is required. If you are configuring a manual connection you do not need a Gmail account. I have attached a link below that explains manual connections. http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...NC-Connection- 

Quote Originally Posted by CMnHU View Post

I don't use Gmail, I use a Yahoo address for my Google access. Is this the problem? My Google credentials for my Google+, Blogger, Calendar, Keep, etc, are all using my Yahoo email address, not a Gmail. Does this mean I can't use PocketCloud?

Thanks.
No Events found!