Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

August 5th, 2015 01:00

Windows Companion Auto Discovery won't login to google?

Windows Companion Auto Discovery won't login to google?

Hi, I am having an issue with the auto discovery on the side of windows. I open up the auto discovery, I go to put in my Gmail credentials and everytime I try to login I get a login failed. It is absoultely the correct email addy and password as I tried logging into gmail itself with no issues.

Anyone have this problem?

145 Posts

This issue is reported for first time. Please let me know below details to root cause the issue.

1. What OS are you running?
2. Can you try login with google talk application?
3. Can you use some other gmail account to verify this is not an issue with the email?

I am having the same issue.

1 - Windows 7 and I get the same error logging in fro my droid x with verizon.
2 - yes I can
3 - Same error with other gmail account.

6 Posts

I am also having the same issue.

I am using windows 7 ultimate. Logging in with my gmail account. My phone is the dell streak running 2.1 android.

When initiating the windows companion or I log in, the connection will be successful between phone and pc. Usually after logging out on the phone, or after a while, I will not be able to reconnect and this is due to the windows companion being logged out or something on the PC. The windows companion does not state it is logged out when observed on the PC, but when you manually log out and then log back in, connections can be resumed.

I am really eager to buy the full version of this app, but this issue needs to be resolved before I commit.

I'd appreciate it if I can be notified when this issue specifically has been addressed.

No Events found!