Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 31st, 2015 00:00

Windows Companion Login failed and Android Log In - In progress forever

Windows Companion Login failed and Android Log In - In progress forever

Hello,

I purchased PocketCloud Pro for Android and have been fairly happy with it so far, but today when I tried logging into my workstation it would not connect. I checked the Auto Discovery settings and it gives an error message "Wyse PocketCloud - Login failed." I did all the normal checks, even installed Google's terrible chat client, and from what I can see it should be working still, I can connect to the Google Talk servers on the correct ports and the Google Talk client logs in correctly, albeit after a slight delay for some reason. I tried tracking down the problem with wireshark and it looks like the PocketCloud Windows Companion is giving up before completeing the login process.

The Android app also will not authenticate and stays on the "In progress" screen forever. I am able to access everything normally on my android device as well. I have two factor authentication enabled in my Google account, but I generated an application-specific password for PocketCloud and even tested it with the Google Talk application and it should work correctly. It was using a different application-specific password previously (and working as expected), but I created a new one today because I thought that could be part of the problem. There should be no proxy servers or strange settings getting in the way either. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

--Krishean

1.3K Posts

Hello Krishean, what versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using? 

Please take a look at our Knowledge base topic on that error to see if any of the suggestions resolve the issue you are having:

http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...r-login-failed

If you are still having trouble, please let me know.

2 Posts

The latest versions of course. PocketCloud Companion for Windows version 2.2.15 and PocketCloud Pro for Android version 1.2.265. I did read that page before posting and none of the solutions seemed to have any effect. When I got home I tried logging in with my android device and it seemed to work fine. My home computer is also using companion 2.2.15 and I was able to update the password, login, and connect to it with PocketCloud on Android. I had a manually entered vmware account and that seemed to work fine both at work and at home. It may be some firewall rule that was implemented at work, but I'm not sure why Google Talk would be able to login, and PocketCloud would not if it uses the same authentication method. I'll investigate more tomorrow and see if I can track down what could be causing this.

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the response and I am glad it was working for you. It does sound like it could be some sort of network security on the network causing the problem. Please keep me posted on what you find.

No Events found!