Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 31st, 2015 02:00

android tablet, pcpro,, no keyboard popup

android tablet, pcpro,, no keyboard popup

Android froyo 2.2, a10w tablet. Pocketcloud pro. Host is w7x64. Current versions. Iphone shows kbd icon. Android does not. How do you get the keyboard to pop up?

6 Posts

August 7th, 2015 07:00

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post
Hi all,

Please give us an update on the Touch Pointer issues. 
Did letest update of 1.2.207 Paid and 1.2.108 Free versions fixed the problem with Touch Pointer?
If not, please send us device name that still has touch pointer issue.

Thanks

Looks like I spoke too soon. The touch pointer issue appeared to be resolved at first in the VNC hosts that I was having problems with initially. Yesterday i discovered that the problem now exists with RDP hosts as well. Again, this issue seems to be connection type specific; i.e. previously I had the problem with VNC hosts on the LAN, but not when connecting over WAN. Now I have problems when connecting to RDP over VPN with a 3G connection but not on the LAN.

I have an ASUS Transformer TF101, Androd 3.0.1 with latest paid version of PocketCloud for Android.
Please PM me if you would like further assistance investigating this issue; I'm more than happy (and capable) to provide you with logcats or other debugging information. I need this problem fixed badly!

6 Posts

I have the exact same problem with my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (Honeycomb). PocketCloud works fine with my VNC servers from my phone with Androd 2.2 but from my new tablet the touch pointer does not respond to any selections other than left mouse button. I took a screenshot but it's not really possible to illustrate the issue with a static pic. I have compact mode disabled and kb auto-activate enabled to no avail (any combination of these settings has no affect). This behavior exists for both RealVNC Free or Pro on Windows and Gnome Remote Desktop VNC on Linux. Another behavioral problem to note is that the host mouse pointer is always a cm or so to the left or right of the touch pointer (where it is never offset like this in my phone).

1 Message

I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy SII

2 Posts

Awesome good news! Can you please email me directly when it is available and how to download it? If fixed for Pro version will buy it.

Regards,
Michael
sqltechnet@gmail.com

500 Posts

Sqltech,

This is a G-Slate device related issue only. New version of adjusted PocketCloud to G-Slate device is coming very soon.

Best Regards

All,
I was having the same problem. When I VNC into one computer, the wheel worked, but on another, the mouse wheel was completely dead. Could not expand the keyboard or special keys to send ctrl-alt-del to log into Windows. I figured out that the problem only exists if you store the password for the connection. I deleted the password and everything works again.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Using Xoom tablet/Honeycomb

6 Posts

Thank you! The latest update fixed all my issues with the touch pointer on VNC servers

500 Posts

Hi all,

Please give us an update on the Touch Pointer issues. 
Did letest update of 1.2.207 Paid and 1.2.108 Free versions fixed the problem with Touch Pointer?
If not, please send us device name that still has touch pointer issue.

Thanks

925 Posts

Hi ncm, what is the model number of your galaxy tab? settings-about my tab
Can you please use swype keyboard in location and text.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by percival.matt View Post
I have to retract my password work around. It's back to being completely broken today. No matter what I do. This really needs a fix ASAP!

I had emailed Wyse support as well and they have confirmed they are aware of the issue. There was no indication that they are working on a fix but at least they acknowledged the problem.

I tested again today and when connecting to my home VNC servers (both Windows and Linux) over a WAN connection the touch pointer wheel appears in the center of the screen on launch and all features work fine. When at home and connecting to those same servers on the same LAN, the touch pointer starts in the top left (nearly hidden) and no features work.

Hope this is helpful information for the Wyse support that are lurking and not responding 

1 Message

I have a similar problem on both a Galaxy Tab and a ZTE Blade. The auto keyboard popup used to work fine until a recent update, but now even with the companion installed I have to manually trigger the keyboard every time.

It's not a massive pain, but having a nicely thought out, easy to use app is the reason I paid for the Pro version. Please fix this Wyse.

6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by percival.matt View Post
All,
I was having the same problem. When I VNC into one computer, the wheel worked, but on another, the mouse wheel was completely dead. Could not expand the keyboard or special keys to send ctrl-alt-del to log into Windows. I figured out that the problem only exists if you store the password for the connection. I deleted the password and everything works again.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Using Xoom tablet/Honeycomb

Storing the password or not had no effect on behavior for me. I did notice that when I connected to my VNC server from a remote location today the touch pointer wheel worked but I was got back home to the same LAN is was non-functional again.

Can we get any feedback from Wyse that they are looking into this obviously pervasive issue amongst their paying customers?

500 Posts

Spuniun,

Thank you for letting us know. We are investigating this issue

2 Posts

August 7th, 2015 08:00

Forcing shut down

Hello, I got the Asus eee pad Transformer Honeycomb, after installing Pocket cluoud I can connect to my pc but it forces shut down when I try to input any key on the screen, I can use the pointer with no problem, is only when i try to use the onscreen keybord.

Please let me know if buying the pro version will hel solve this problem.

Thanks.

Mauro

6 Posts

August 7th, 2015 08:00

Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post
Spuniun,

Thank you for letting us know. We are investigating this issue

I've also noticed that PocketCloud force closes when using certain input options; specifically the ASUS keyboard. Stock Honeycomb input works fine.

No Events found!