Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 01:00

can't connect over wifi

Question can't connect over wifi

I can connect to my windows 2008 server and my Win 7 pc over 3g on my galaxy tab. But when I enable wifi and try to connect it just tires for a few minutes then gives me an unable to connect message. I tried the rdc on my windows laptop with the same public ip/port combo over my wireless at home and it works fine, so I do not think it's a router issue. is there something I need to setup on the wifi in android to allow pocketcloud to connect via wireless instead of 3g?

2 Posts

Conenctions were set up manually. The server and the Win 7 box are on my corp lan behind a firewall that has port forwarding enable from public ip ;port to internal lan ip. The router i am attempting to use is at home. Like I said all of my connections, I have more than the 2 mentioned, work if I turn wifi off on the galaxy tablet and run through 3g.

500 Posts

Is the windows 2008 server and Win7 pc on the same network (behind the same router) or are they on different networks? Are you using the Pocketcloud Windows Companion application on the setups or are you setting up manually?

500 Posts

August 7th, 2015 00:00

From your home using WiFi you will be able to access your corp network only using Auto Discovery connections. 
Please install latest Wyse PocketCloud Windows Companion on your work PC (http://www.wyse.com/products/softwar...roid/index.asp)

No Events found!