can't connect

can't connect

Hey all, official newb here. I installed the free Pocketcloud app on my HTC Incredible and the Pocketcloud companion on my PC running Win 7 Pro. Both installations went fine and I can log in on both ends, but cannot connect from either end. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no change. The phone just continues to say "waiting for remote sign in" even though the PC is definitely signed in to the same gmail account. Clicking "test" from the PC end shows "failed" for both RDP and VNC to port connections. PC does not show up anywhere on my phone. Quick start guide certainly sounds simple enough, but doesn't tell you what to do if it just doesn't work. What am I missing?

Tanks,
D Dave

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

RE: can't connect

Are you able to login to gmail with your web browser?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Hi Dave,

Please check if you enabled Remote Access to your PC:
Start > Control Panel > Fairewall > Allow Programs through firewall > check if Remote Access is allowed

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Are you able to login to gmail with your web browser?
Sorry for the delay getting back...thought I'd receive a reply notification via e-mail. Yes, I can log into my gmail account just fine from both ends.
Quote Originally Posted by lana View Post
Hi Dave,

Please check if you enabled Remote Access to your PC:
Start > Control Panel > Fairewall > Allow Programs through firewall > check if Remote Access is allowed
Lana, I went to control panel > Firewall > Allowed programs, and pocket cloud is definitely checked as being allowed through the firewall. Did not find anything that specifically referenced "remote access". I'm more than a little puzzled why I'm having this problem since this app gets such good reviews. Other thoughts??
TIA,

D Dave
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Hi dave, Are you able to do a manual connection?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

You mean like via usb cable?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Dave, Just use the + sign on top of the screen, To create a manual connection. Please choose RDP(If you like to connect usign RDP protocol), and update your connection information.
autoconnection is a connection automatically discovered for you based on your gmail account.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Dave, Just use the + sign on top of the screen, To create a manual connection. Please choose RDP(If you like to connect usign RDP protocol), and update your connection information.
autoconnection is a connection automatically discovered for you based on your gmail account.
I can try when I get home from work. But when I click on"test" on my pc, it says "connection failed" for both connection types.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Dangerous,
If you are getting "waiting for remote sign in"
That means you did NOT sign into Windows Companion on PC with your Gmail account. That is why you can't see your PC on Android device.
Please right click on Windows Companion icon > Auto Discovery Settings > Sign with gmail account (same account you will use to sign on Android device)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Lana-2015
3 Zinc

Also please check If Remote Access is allowed on your PC
Start > right click on Computer > Properties > Remote Access > Allow connections ...(less secure)

There is a guide you can check (Step 2)
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...etting-started

Tags (2)
0 Kudos