Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 23:00

failure to locate desktop

failure to locate desktop

I have a motorola xoom which uses the android platform, just downloaded the app
and want to connect to my laptop and desktop using the xoom...
both computers have windows xp. I am using the auto discovery with my google account, so i dont have to change any router settings... I am able to access the laptop remotely, which is connected to my network via wifi... I am unable to connect to my desktop which is wired by an ethernet line. when i open the pocket cloud auto discover box from the task bar of the desk top and click on the test rdp and vnc connectivity, the response i receive is:
rdp to port 3389 failed
vnc to port 5900 failed
what do i need to do to be able to connect to my desktop?
thanks

925 Posts

July 31st, 2015 23:00

Is that windows xp home? 
Are you able to able to access gmail on your desktop?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 11th, 2015 04:00

hi EW, You will need a vnc server installed on any windows machine that you want to connect using vnc protocol. Please download tightvnc on your machine that you are unable to connect. Logout from pocketcloud and login back to google.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

i am not running any antivirus, but I am a bit confused as to your request to open up ports...
the reason i went with pocket cloud was to avoid messing around with the settings on my router...when i click on the wyse pocketclould auto discovery,
it indicates that since i am signing in with my google account, the desktop will be automatically discovered on my mobile device... it also indicates that i am signed in via auto discovery...
as i indicated previously i can connect with my laptop, which is on the same network without any issues, so opening a port is not a problem...

on my laptop i had to download something with regards to vnc however with the desktop i did not....could that be the issue?

925 Posts

Do you have any antivirus software running on your desktop? Your ports might be blocked. Please make sure ports 5222,443, 3389, 5900 are all open.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

it is xp professional,
and yes, i can sign into gmail onthe desktop, i am also signed in when i click on the pocket cloud auto discovery from my desktop , when i click on test rdp and vnc connectivity to see whats going on, i get the red message, rdp to port 3389 failed and vnc to port 5900 failed ..

925 Posts

No Events found!