Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 19:00

'<' and '>' keys not mapping

'<' and '>' keys not mapping

The '<' key gets pushed through as a '\' and the '>' key gets pushed through as a '|' Key. I have tested it both on my Droid Incredible and my Motorola Xoom both with the same result. I have also tried using another remote desktop app (Not as nice as Pocket cloud) and it maps the keys just fine. I am remoting into a Server 2003 server if that helps you debug at all, I don't have a 2008 R2 server up at this time so I haven't tested the app with that yet.

I am wanting to use this program for my html class and not having those two keys makes it really difficult!

can anyone else replicate this bug?

500 Posts

Hi Amarcum,

Thank you for the report. This is known issue in RDP connections and we are working on it to fix it. It works in VNC connections.

Regards

5 Posts

Thank you, Do you have any time frame on when it might be done? I have about 4 weeks left of my HTML class (Taking other programming classes later) do you think it might be done before the end of the 4 weeks? 

Mostly I am wondering because I want to be able to tell a few classmates and teachers that they should get this app for their school work, at least the ones getting a 10.1 inch tablet.

Thanks

500 Posts

I am not sure about time frame. But you can try one thing to work around this problem.
If you change the language to any other language then English, then you will be able to use <>.
Steps:
1. Launch PocketCloud
2. Press and Hold the machine name you want to connect to.
3. Keyboard Layout > change to language you want to use. > Save
After that when you connect to your machine just change the language on that machine too (you should have the language icon/bar on the desktop task bar)

The keyboard will look the same as normal English keyboard and you'll be able to use <> key.

5 Posts

Thank you Iana, just changing the keyboard to "English (United Kingdom)" instead of "English (United States)" in the pocket cloud app made the difference with no change in the windows side.

I hope that helps in finding the problem.

500 Posts

Thank you Amarcum!

No Events found!