Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

August 12th, 2015 00:00

one tablet to multiple PCs

Unhappy one tablet to multiple PCs

My wife has an asus (android) tablet and has successfully linked it to her vaio laptop. i tried to add an account on the tablet so we could alternately look at my computer (toshiba laptop). was able to start adding an additional connection and got to the "host address" and "password" blanks which need filling. unsure what i need to put here, and/or where to find this info on my laptop.
thanks,
gene

3 Posts

August 12th, 2015 00:00

Hello arbetter, The 'host address' is the IP (network) address of the device you are wanting to connect to. i.e. 192.168.1.2 as an example. You can find this information by opening a cmd window on your laptop and typing 'ipconfig' at the command prompt. It will return your IP address. Remote Desktop requires that a username AND password are set up on the device you are remoting to. You may not have set up a password on your laptop for your particular user name. This will have to be done and can be through the windows control panel and selecting 'user accounts'. Also, be sure that remote desktop connection is enabled on the laptop. You can check this through 'control panel' 'system' and clicking on the 'remote' tab or link. This assumes that your flavor of windows is a pro or ultimate version as the typical 'home' version does not allow this. If it is a home version you can load vnc server on it and use a vnc connection from PocketCloud. Hope this helps.

No Events found!