Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P2

July 29th, 2015 01:00

pocket companion security

pocket companion security

Hi,

Firstly, looks incridbly simple to impliment. Added my home PC, showed up on my andriod device right away. Added a server at the office, showed up, but can't conenct as I've not bought the full version yet. My question is, using the auto discovery, if I go and install this on all our servers, just how secure is it? It doesn't require firewall confirguration? Is the ONLY way for anyone to get access is if they have my gmail account details and pocketcloud, or is there a change of anyone getting in any other way from outside our firewall? Is there any information in general about how security is handled etc? I did search the site, but could not find any details.

Thanks.

200 Posts

July 29th, 2015 01:00

The only way to connect thru Auto Discovery is by having the gmail account details and the RDP/VNC credentials (2-Factors of authentication). All the Gmail authentication traffic is done over TLS/SSL directly with Google. Then PocketCloud establishes the RDP/VNC connection. The PocketCloud Pro version adds NLA for RDP and a Secure Tunnel for the VNC traffic.
Hope this helps.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 3rd, 2015 04:00

Hello, Many thanks for this information on authentication .Daniel could you describe in some detail how the VNC / RDP traffic from PocketCloud client to remote pc is encrypted and protected ? Thanks from a Pocket Cloud Pro purchaser.

623 Posts

August 10th, 2015 06:00

Richard,
Sorry but we cannot provide any more details on security.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

August 10th, 2015 21:00

Quote Originally Posted by pjsmith View Post

Hi,

Firstly, looks incridbly simple to impliment. Added my home PC, showed up on my andriod device right away. Added a server at the office, showed up, but can't conenct as I've not bought the full version yet. My question is, using the auto discovery, if I go and install this on all our servers, just how secure is it? It doesn't require firewall confirguration? Is the ONLY way for anyone to get access is if they have my gmail account details and pocketcloud, or is there a change of anyone getting in any other way from outside our firewall? Is there any information in general about how security is handled etc? I did search the site, but could not find any details.

Thanks.
All the Gmail authentication traffic is done over TLS/SSL directly with Google.

No Events found!