jim0523
1 Copper

RE: pocketcloud could not connect to server

My XP Pro does not give option to "Allow Connection from computers running any version" or at least I cannot find it.

0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

If it says session disconnected then it is not NLA related. 
Are you doing a manual connection or auto connection?
Is this RDP or vnc?
If rdp, can you make sure the user is in the access control list in rdp settings. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
KayBee-2015
1 Copper

I did everything listed but still get no connection. I must be missing something.

EDIT

Im running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1. My phone is the HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon. 

0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Are you doing manual or auto connection. for manual , your device should be on the same network as the host computer. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
Rosalia-2015
1 Copper

What about ipads what do we do? It says could not connect to server

0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Hi Rosalia, 
Are you on 3g or wifi?
Manual or auto?
rdp or vnc?
Can you connect to this desktop from a desktop rdp or vnc client? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RancherPete
1 Copper

Android ---> Mac. Could not connect to server, remotely.

I have a new Asus Transformer running Android 3.0. I am attempting to link to my Mac running 10.6.7. I can get into the Mac locally and it works great but cannot get into it remotely which is what I need to do the most. I have attempted to setup port forwarding which I believe I did correctly although I cannot add the letters (or 'service') RDP anywhere within my modem and I don't know if that really matters. I simply did port forwarding of 3389 per your instruction. I am trying to log in using the IP address that was provided by 'whatsmyipaddress.com". I have forwarded port 3389 on my router in both TCP and UDP and saved them. I am using an Actiontec router model PK5000 which of course differs from your examples. When I attempt to connect the ANdroid tablet about it for 10 seconds then comes back with: Could not connect to server". In my setup window on the tablet. I have entered the IP address, port 3389, my password that resides on the MAC allowing sharing, my user name and nick name. I cannot figure out why it will not work. Can you please offer some options that I may be able to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

Hi rancherpete, please install our latest mac companion . This will give you some additional benefits. you will no longer need to do any port forwarding.
1. Connect to gooogle service on you desktop usign this companion
2. connect to the same service on yoru mobile-settigns
3. your computer will be automatically detected.

Thank you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
RancherPete
1 Copper

Android ---> Mac. Could not connect to server, remotely.

I download your software yesterday so i don't see how there could be a newer version unless I downloaded the wrong one. I downloaded Mac Pocket Cloud Companion V 1.0.32. If there is a newer one perhaps you could send me a link or some more specific directions as to how I can find these files and what to do with them. I very much look forward to your reply. Thank you for your assistance thus far.

0 Kudos
RancherPete
1 Copper

by the way: I realized now that the version of Pocket Companion that I presently have on my Mac is probably the one you are referring to because it does state that 'Auto Discovery allows you to connect to your computer without the need to reconfigure your modem/router configuration'. However your online instructions stated that I needed to manually forward ports which I did. Remember: my issue is not with getting the two units to connect within the same network. My issue is that I cannot get them to connect remotely, from outside of the network. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos