Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 30th, 2015 20:00

server cannot connect

server cannot connect

I get this error message when trying to connect android tablet to PC running windows 7. I ran the setup wizard and it completed successfully. I can connect fine when both devices are next to each other. I get the error message when trying to connect to home PC while at work. Can't figure out why.

500 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Please re-sign again in Windows Companion on your PC

925 Posts

Hi rgot, 
Is this auto or manual?
home edition or pro?
connecting using vnc or rdp?
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I set up using auto discovery. Not home edition. Vnc connection. Today it said computer not available and now it has disappeared from list.

500 Posts

August 9th, 2015 20:00

Please make sure that your remote PC is NOT OFF. It suppose to be ON if you want to connect to it remotely.

OK my home computer is connecting now. However can not get work computer to connect. Set up rdp first but that doesn't allow me to connect outside of network server. Downloaded tightvnc service but still get error that can not connect.

Yes, obviously computer is left on. Disabled sleep mode, not a firewall issue, etc. Setup wiazrd installs successfuly. Running windows 7 enterprise. Still not connecting. Very frustrating since it works fine with teamviewer software. I like this platform better and would prefer to use it, but if I can't get it to work, going to have to have to ask for refund.

August 9th, 2015 21:00

Finally figured this out. In order to access work PC outside the office, I had to set up a vpn connection on tablet first.

500 Posts

Great news!

500 Posts

Is NLA On or OFF on this Win7Pro machine?

No Events found!