Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 23:00

'session disconnected' error

'session disconnected' error

Hi,
I'm using an Acer A100 tab running Andoid 3. Using PocketCloud free 1.2.182

I'm trying to connect via WiFi to a Microsoft Terminal server that remote desktop on it.

I've set this up as a manual connection but as soon as I tap 'connect I immediately get a 'Session Disconnected' error.

The windows server I'm trying to connect to is Windows 2008 R2. NLA requirement has been disabled on the server ('allow any time' selected). The user has been added to the 'remote desktop users' group on the server.

I've checked the server logs and I don't even see an authentication attempt being made.

This server uses a custom port for RDP (TCP:1751) but I've specified that in the connection settings. I have a telnet utility on my table and I've verified that I can telnet to the server okay on that port.

The server does have GPOs applied to it (as it's internet facing), but none that I would think would cause this - are there any known to cause problems?

I did successfully connect to a Windows 7 desktop inside my LAN.
thanks

3 Posts

Answered

Okay, I've figured it out. I had the security layer increased on the RDP-TCP connection to require SSL (TLS 1.0). Apparently this doesn't work.
I downgraded to negotiate and was able to get connected.

Two comments:
1. Can the paid version handle SSL?
2. Can we request a descriptive error message 

1.3K Posts

1. SSL is supported on the Pro version of the application
2. We are working on that for future releases, but it would not hurt to have you submit a feature request to our product team for it. Please submit a feature request for more descriptive error messages here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...ts/entries/new

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Sounds good, let me know if you run into any other troubles.

Josh Maurer

1 Message

RDP over SSL (TLS 1.0)

I have the Pro version and still get this same error when trying to connect to Win2k8 R2 with SSL (TLS 1.0) required for RDP. If I change it to negotiate, it connects fine. Does Pocketcloud support SSL TLS for native RDP? If so, how do I get it to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

1. SSL is supported on the Pro version of the application
2. We are working on that for future releases, but it would not hurt to have you submit a feature request to our product team for it. Please submit a feature request for more descriptive error messages here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...ts/entries/new

1.3K Posts

Do you have NLA enabled on your server? Have you tried toggling the option to see if you can connect?

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

Thanks Josh. Nice product. After a bit of testing I'll probably buy the licensed version.

No Events found!