Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 29th, 2015 07:00

wif vs. 3g 4g connection

wif vs. 3g 4g connection

using a wifi connection I can access office computers running pocketcloud companion but receive a "Networks unreachable" using 3g or 4g connection. Motorola xoom tablet.

4 Posts

July 29th, 2015 23:00

Good signal strength

I am able to connect to the terminal server with 3g/4g but cannot connect to individual computers running pocket cloud. I can connect to individual computers using wifi. The signal strength is typically good for 3g or 4g in the Kansas City area.

When I connect to the terminal server, I use the external ip address manually configured. The individual computers have internal ip addresses and I connect using auto discovery. I am using Verizon as a carrier.

1.3K Posts

Interesting. I sent you a PM with instructions on how to capture a log from your companion. Could you actually send 2 logs, one of you being able to successfully connect via wifi and then a second one when you are unable to connect with 3G/4G? 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Just to confirm, what version of the PocketCloud application are you using? The latest versions are:

-1.2.182 (Free)
-1.2.280 (Pro) 

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

PM?

I didn't receive the PM. jvinson@neighborsconstruction.com. I have captured the system information file but don't see any way to attach it to this thread.

1.3K Posts

Do you have strong signal strength with 3G/4G? What carrier are you using for data? 

Josh Maurer

No Events found!