Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 29th, 2015 03:00

windows credentials

windows credentials

what is windows credentials .. when I m connecting to my pc through my mobile application pocketcloud they wont let me and ask me about the windows credentials (username , password) even am logged in with my google account on both pc and mobile .. am waiting ur help .. and thank you

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 00:00

Please take a look at the following knowledge-base article related to credentials and where/what to use within PocketCloud:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ud-credentials

Please let me know if this does not help you get logged in.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

I as well cannot connect. It finds my home computer automatically but then won't get past the credentials. I've tried everything. I've been working on this for over an hour. I checked my firewall and the program is allowed. I've tried doing a VPN connection manually and it says it can't connect to the server. I looked at your link above and that was of no help. I've exhausted everything I can think of. Please help!!

1.3K Posts

Are you connecting with VNC or RDP? If you are using VNC, are you using a 3rd party VNC client/server on the computer? If so, make sure Allow Loopback Connections is enabled.

Is a VPN needed to connect to that server? If so, make sure you establish that connection before opening/connecting with PocketCloud.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 14th, 2015 06:00

I guess I should say that it's just my home computer. I have no third party anything. It's not on a network of any kind.

I just tried doing an update when it told me to and it wouldn't let me. Then I gave up and deleted it. I just tried to reinstall the app and a pop up comes up saying this app requires iOS 5, update required.

1.3K Posts

Glad to hear you got on.

Why cant you update your iPad2? We support iOS 5 and up, so as long as it is running that you should be good. 

You could also always run a manual connection instead of auto-discovery.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

Alright, if there is no password set, you just need to enter the username for the account you want to connect with and you can leave the password field blank. Just make sure you are using the correct username by checking what username is being used on the remote server. You can also try using the username administrator.

Josh Maurer

Holy cow. Finally got on. I would like to say that I really had wanted to use this on my iPad 2 but found out I can't because it's too old. I found that when I went to update my iPad, it won't allow me to and the desktop companion's update is too new to work with the old iPad app anymore. Really disappointed!! Thanks anyway for your help getting on.

I was just doing it through RDP as it found my home computer. I don't know about anything else you said. I guess this is just beyond my scope. I've tried everything that I can think of for the user name and password for the credentials but nothing works. I checked on my computer and I have no windows credentials set.

1.3K Posts

August 14th, 2015 07:00

CantConnect, have you looked at the knowledge-base article about credentials? Please take a look at it here:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...d-Credentials-

Also, are you using VNC to connect? What type of computer (mac or windows) and what OS version is it running (XP, Vista, 7, 8, Home, Professional, Lion, etc)?

If you are using a 3rd party VNC client, make sure that "Allow Loopback connections" is enabled.

Josh Maurer

1 Message

I am experiencing the same problem. I tried administrator and admin stll can't connect , all I see is my PC

1.3K Posts

You may want to take a look at the apple support forums. That is pretty strange that your device will not update.

Here is a thread started by a user who could not update to iOS 5:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Hope this helps.

Josh Maurer

I never thought about having to do it myself. I never have before. Just thought it always updated itself. You rock, Josh. I will give it a shot and see if I can connect to my computer now with my iPad now that I've got it figured out. Thank you!!

1.3K Posts

No problem. And yeah the iOS 5 update I believe requires a manual update. From there I think you can do over the air updates.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!