Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 01:00

3 Feature Requests

Exclamation 3 Feature Requests

Hello all,

3 things I'd love to see in this app are as follows:

First and foremost, I'd love to see the app password-protected. Having all your connections in there, with details on user accounts and the option to save a password for the connection is great. But it would be great to have a master password to unlock the application natively (instead of using a 3rd party app) to access the application itself.

The next thing would be a backup and restore feature. I have around 50 connections in mine, and can even add more...but then you upgrade to iOS 4.2 from 3.x and ... all your data goes away. You have to enter it all again from scratch and restoring from a backup would be quite convenient.

The 3rd thing, along those same lines as above, would be some sort of...import file or web connect for the app, like a front-end to manually enter in all the connection details when you have 50 clients that need to be added. Doing each one by hand on the app is of course, quite tedious.

The app is convenient by itself, sure...but it needs some real business features added to it instead of only being tailored to those who have a limited amount of available computers to connect to.

Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong, but I'd love to see the aforementioned items in an upcoming release.

Thanks for your consideration!

200 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 01:00

Thanks for the feedback, these are great suggestions! I'll follow up with you directly to discuss this in more details.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

August 7th, 2015 04:00

Hey Guys - The password lock feature is coming soon! If everything goes according to plan then it should be in our next release.

-Chris

1 Message

Any update on these feature requests? I heartily agree with bbinder. I just bought the app on 03/13/11 and the first thing I went looking for was an application password to access the app. 

It may be helpful to allow a selectable time out feature on the password so it will come back up without asking everytime. 

Thanks,

mdetrick

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kramttocs View Post

There is huge demand for the ability to export/import settings and connections. For an app that costs $15 for the ability to add multiple connections, why on earth don't we have this option?? 

This might be what you're looking for: http://wysetechnologyinc.zendesk.com...hemes#overview

1 Message

Add me to the list...

I have Pocket Cloud on Phone & Tablet and want to import/export connection settings. This is a MAJOR must for IT pros. Product is great but lacks this very important feature.

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MauiSpud View Post

I have Pocket Cloud on Phone & Tablet and want to import/export connection settings. This is a MAJOR must for IT pros. Product is great but lacks this very important feature. 
I agree that would be a great feature to ease setup overhead. You are welcome to suggest it on our Feature Requests page. Our Product Team reviews that list routinely and decides what we are going to put in our upcoming releases.

-Chris

7 Posts

Hey Chris,
Thanks for that reply. After looking over that page, am I correct in that I would need to create individual rdp/vnc files for every connection and then open them one by one every time I do a fresh install of PocketCloud to get them added to the list?
If so, then sure that is possible, but I just don't understand why this ability can't be added within the app (both iOS and Android). The reason for upgrading is to get multiple connections but who would want to manually add 30+ connections periodically (granted that is more applicable for my android tablet than ipad)?

7 Posts

There is huge demand for the ability to export/import settings and connections. For an app that costs $15 for the ability to add multiple connections, why on earth don't we have this option??

7 Posts

August 10th, 2015 04:00

Exactly. Many apps (really I am speaking from experience with android but while I have your ear   ) allow one to export their settings, typically in xml format, which they can then, upon reinstalling, import their settings from that file. Like I said, this is typical for android apps so while it would be great to have this for iOS and I am sure many users would like it, personally I need it more for android (wrong forum I know) but I would think that the feature would be os independent or at least similar enough that it would only require small modifications to work on both. For security, the xml file really doesn't even need to contain the passwords, although if pocketcloud could encrypt it before exporting, that would work too.
So I apologize for pulling in an android request alongside the iOS one but I appreciate your responses.

544 Posts

Great suggestion. We may even tie something like this into our future cloud services. I would post your suggestion above to our Feature Requests page where our Product Team will review for a future release. http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/f...quests#popular

Thanks,

Chris

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kramttocs View Post

Hey Chris,
Thanks for that reply. After looking over that page, am I correct in that I would need to create individual rdp/vnc files for every connection and then open them one by one every time I do a fresh install of PocketCloud to get them added to the list?
If so, then sure that is possible, but I just don't understand why this ability can't be added within the app (both iOS and Android). The reason for upgrading is to get multiple connections but who would want to manually add 30+ connections periodically (granted that is more applicable for my android tablet than ipad)? 

Yes that is correct. So what you are looking for is one master file that contains multiple connections and can quickly be imported into PocketCloud?

No Events found!