Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 30th, 2015 02:00

3G Network

Unhappy 3G Network

I can Wi-Fi connect from my iPad to my windows 97 PC, but it's not working via the 3G Network, what I should do

3 Posts

August 1st, 2015 23:00

Sorry, the connection is there but I just see a black screen

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

I have used 3G for connection to several desktops. Try using WiFi for debug first. The 3G connections are painfully slow.

544 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by sefer4u View Post

Sorry, the connection is there but I just see a black screen 
Are you connecting to a discovered or manual connection? What happens after you tap a computer from the connection list? Do you see the "Loading..." dialog box at all?

Thanks,

Chris
Wyse Technology

August 6th, 2015 04:00

I had this similar problem with my iPhone. I had to change the APN settings in order to get it working. Not sure if it will work with the iPad, but try it...
Go to help.benm.at on your iPad. It publishes as a fix for tethering, but it is just an APN update. Select your country and carrier and download and install the profile. Easily removable if it doesn't fix the problem.

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sefer4u View Post

I use auto discovery, in my iPad it's show connection on, but I just get a black screen, can't see my PC desktop 

Did you try tapping on the black area a few times? Sometimes the screen saver of the PC turns on and to wake it back up you have to send a click event.

2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post

Windows 97 PC? Can you verify your Windows version and say if it's a home, pro, ultimate, et. Edition? 
Thanks for the response. I have Windows 7 Ultimate edition. As I said I can auto discover two PCs running on the same network and connect ok through wifi however no luck on 3G.

I have also setup manual connections to my desktop PC using the router IP address and RDP port 3389. This works over 3G however it has opened up another problem..... I can't manually connect my other PC through the same network. I have edited the windows registry on this PC to allow RDP to port through 3390 and have unblocked the windows firewall for this port. I have also forwarded this port through the router. When I setup this new port over the same routher IP address on pocketcloud, it connects back to the original machine which is ported through 3389 despite there being different host username and passwords. Need help with this cos i need to be able to remotely access both machines.

Thanks

3 Posts

I use auto discovery, in my iPad it's show connection on, but I just get a black screen, can't see my PC desktop

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiger14 View Post

Thanks for the response. I have Windows 7 Ultimate edition. As I said I can auto discover two PCs running on the same network and connect ok through wifi however no luck on 3G.

I have also setup manual connections to my desktop PC using the router IP address and RDP port 3389. This works over 3G however it has opened up another problem..... I can't manually connect my other PC through the same network. I have edited the windows registry on this PC to allow RDP to port through 3390 and have unblocked the windows firewall for this port. I have also forwarded this port through the router. When I setup this new port over the same routher IP address on pocketcloud, it connects back to the original machine which is ported through 3389 despite there being different host username and passwords. Need help with this cos i need to be able to remotely access both machines.

Thanks 
If you have two PCs on one network that you want to access then you need to configure each one of them to run on different RDP ports and then setup forwarding in your router. Also make sure your Windows firewall allows connections on the respective port.

A cleaner solution would be to install our PocketCloud Companion on each PC and use the Auto Discovery feature.

2 Posts

I also have an issue with 3G connection..

Running iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 OS. I have RDP setup for two PCs via auto discovery. Works perfectly fine through WIFI but the app crashes on 3G! I have the PCs appearing on the my computers screen and they are discoverable but when I click on each PC the load screen appears and the app crashes back to springboard!

Tried resetting the phone, reinstalling the app, resetting network settings to no avail. I also have the pro version. Please help, without 3G connection this app is redundant to me...

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiger14 View Post

I also have an issue with 3G connection..

Running iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 OS. I have RDP setup for two PCs via auto discovery. Works perfectly fine through WIFI but the app crashes on 3G! I have the PCs appearing on the my computers screen and they are discoverable but when I click on each PC the load screen appears and the app crashes back to springboard!

Tried resetting the phone, reinstalling the app, resetting network settings to no avail. I also have the pro version. Please help, without 3G connection this app is redundant to me... 

Can you create a manual connection and see if the app crashes when you connect that way?

623 Posts

Windows 97 PC? Can you verify your Windows version and say if it's a home, pro, ultimate, et. Edition?

4 Posts

My experience is 3G is the problem.. you are sending too much data back and forth and i know here in Dallas ATT's network cannot handle it. We have 20 iPads deployed with this solution and the connection with 3G is very hit or miss. on Wi/Fi we see no issues. 

This is very dependent on the strength of the signal and how heavily used the network is in the area.

No Events found!