sefer4u
1 Copper

3G Network

Unhappy 3G Network

I can Wi-Fi connect from my iPad to my windows 97 PC, but it's not working via the 3G Network, what I should do

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
sefer4u
1 Copper

RE: 3G Network

Sorry, the connection is there but I just see a black screen

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
vwestin
1 Copper

I have used 3G for connection to several desktops. Try using WiFi for debug first. The 3G connections are painfully slow.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by sefer4u View Post

Sorry, the connection is there but I just see a black screen 
Are you connecting to a discovered or manual connection? What happens after you tap a computer from the connection list? Do you see the "Loading..." dialog box at all?

Thanks,

Chris
Wyse Technology

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
sefer4u
1 Copper

I use auto discovery, in my iPad it's show connection on, but I just get a black screen, can't see my PC desktop

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by sefer4u View Post

I use auto discovery, in my iPad it's show connection on, but I just get a black screen, can't see my PC desktop 

Did you try tapping on the black area a few times? Sometimes the screen saver of the PC turns on and to wake it back up you have to send a click event.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos

I had this similar problem with my iPhone. I had to change the APN settings in order to get it working. Not sure if it will work with the iPad, but try it...
Go to help.benm.at on your iPad. It publishes as a fix for tethering, but it is just an APN update. Select your country and carrier and download and install the profile. Easily removable if it doesn't fix the problem.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Thaiger14
1 Copper

I also have an issue with 3G connection..

Running iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 OS. I have RDP setup for two PCs via auto discovery. Works perfectly fine through WIFI but the app crashes on 3G! I have the PCs appearing on the my computers screen and they are discoverable but when I click on each PC the load screen appears and the app crashes back to springboard!

Tried resetting the phone, reinstalling the app, resetting network settings to no avail. I also have the pro version. Please help, without 3G connection this app is redundant to me...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by Thaiger14 View Post

I also have an issue with 3G connection..

Running iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 OS. I have RDP setup for two PCs via auto discovery. Works perfectly fine through WIFI but the app crashes on 3G! I have the PCs appearing on the my computers screen and they are discoverable but when I click on each PC the load screen appears and the app crashes back to springboard!

Tried resetting the phone, reinstalling the app, resetting network settings to no avail. I also have the pro version. Please help, without 3G connection this app is redundant to me... 

Can you create a manual connection and see if the app crashes when you connect that way?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rmontalvo1
3 Zinc

Windows 97 PC? Can you verify your Windows version and say if it's a home, pro, ultimate, et. Edition?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos