Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

July 29th, 2015 00:00

3rd party integration (URL schema)

3rd party integration (URL schema)

Hi.

Is there any documentation regarding 3rd party integration (URL schema) ?
What I want to do is launching PocketCloud Pro from our in-house application.
Thank you,

Thank you Chris,
I sent .rdp file which I saved on Windows XP to iPad as an email attachment and I can invoke PocketCloud from Mail app.
But it says "Error No Host Name or IP found". Do I need to make an .rdp file in some special format ?

544 Posts

You can invoke our application using a RDP file. We don't support a URL schema at this time.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

544 Posts

July 31st, 2015 06:00

You can open the .rdp file in Notepad and edit the "full address:s:10.100.108.131" to be whatever the IP address of your computer is.

-Chris

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

Thanks Chris, but I'm still not able to connect with the same error. I have tried:
- Delete all lines except "full address:s:x.x.x.x" from the Windows-generated .rdp file.
- Make a new .rdp file which contains only "full address:s:x.x.x.x" line with Notepad.
- Delete all saved connections from PocketCloud Pro.
Of course these .rdp files work well on Windows.
My iPad is connected to 3G network and the target has a global IPv4 address.

August 5th, 2015 09:00

The following message is popped up by PocketCloud Pro.
-------------------------------
Error
No Host Name or IP found.
-------------------------------

1 Message

I've figured out that at minimum the following 2 entries must exist in any .rdp file presented to pocket cloud pro for it to work

full address:s:192.168.1.104
server Port:i:3389

good luck

544 Posts

Ok. We have made quite a few improvements on handling .rdp files with our latest build that I am currently testing. If you want to upload your .rdp file somewhere on the web I can make sure it works with the latest internal version. We are targeting to have this new release out at the end of the month.

-Chris

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miyata View Post
Thanks Chris, but I'm still not able to connect with the same error. I have tried:
- Delete all lines except "full address:s:x.x.x.x" from the Windows-generated .rdp file.
- Make a new .rdp file which contains only "full address:s:x.x.x.x" line with Notepad.
- Delete all saved connections from PocketCloud Pro.
Of course these .rdp files work well on Windows.
My iPad is connected to 3G network and the target has a global IPv4 address.

And what is the error you are seeing in PocketCloud with the above scenarios?

I think there is nothing special in my .rdp file and I can just wait for the next update.
By the way, my ideal is to enable end-users to connect to their desktop with minimum interaction.
URL schema should be able to provide beautiful integration with 3rd party applications or web sites to invoke PocketCloud.
I am looking forward to the future enhancement. Thanks a lot Chris,

1 Message

Any update on this? I can't find anything in the documentation, aside from the fact that PocketCloud Pro supports 3rd party integration now. None of the docs on the website have been updated with the details.

No Events found!