Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 28th, 2015 07:00

Apple Bluetooth keyboard and pocket cloud

Apple Bluetooth keyboard and pocket cloud

My keyboard isn't working with pocket cloud but works with other apps. What's the deal?

6 Posts

I have the same problem with a different Bluetooth keyboard. The soft keyboard won't display, so it knows the keyboard is there, but typing does nothing. If I switch to a different app, the typing works fine. It will sometimes start working, then quit without any pattern I can determine. This on an iPad 3 with pocket cloud pro.

544 Posts

We have tested with the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and it works for us. Try killing and re-launching the app or re-starting your phone. Is the virtual keyboard appearing when this happens?

-Chris

1.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Thanks for reporting the issue, we will look into it more over the next couple days. Are you using a manual or auto-discovered connection?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

6 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

more information. on my ipad3, if i touch the keyboard icon on the bottom icon list, and the ctrl alt, etc toolbar is displayed, the bluetooth keyboard works. as soon as I click the X in that toolbar to close it, the keyboard quits working again. sometimes it will work initially when i enter pocketcloud, but after the keyboard icon has been touched, one of the keyboard toolbars must be active or the keyboard does not work.

544 Posts

August 14th, 2015 02:00

Quote Originally Posted by Msires View Post

this is with manual connections. I haven't tried auto connections. The only connection type I am currently using is manual connections, RDP, to Windows 2003 and 2008 servers.

What make and model of keyboard are you using? Is the Keyboard Layout set to English in both PocketCloud and Windows or something else? I haven't been able to reproduce with my setup yet.

-Chris

6 Posts

More information. The keyboard problem only seems to occur when I'm connected using Cisco's AnyConnect VPN client for iOS, and the RDP connection is the first connection I make after activiting the AnyConnect VPN, and that RDP connection is to a host on the 'other' side of the VPN connection. If after establishing the VPN, I connect to one of my local servers, it works fine, and the connections to the remote servers work fine after that (without stopping or restarting the VPN). If I first connect to one of the remote servers after establishing the VPN, the keyboard only works with the 'CTRL' 'ALT', etc. toolbar displayed. If I disconnect from the remote server, connect to a local server (all without disconnecting the VPN), the local server works, and if I then disconnect from the local server and connect back to the remote server, it now works fine. If I stop the VPN, restart it, then connect to the remote server 1st again, the keyboard again only works with the special key toolbar displayed. Very odd.

6 Posts

Well, my last post is not correct. It was behaving that way when I posted, but now the keyboard doesn't work in any connection configuration unless the special key toolbar is displayed. I'll keep trying to narrow the problem down, it is sporadic, which is always a difficult thing to fix. Occassionally it works fine, but it never lasts.

6 Posts

The keyboard is an Adesso keyboard, and is a keyboard and case combo, although the keyboard can be removed from the case. It seems to work fine for everything else, I'm typing this with it actually. The keyboard setup is English (US) in both.

6 Posts

this is with manual connections. I haven't tried auto connections. The only connection type I am currently using is manual connections, RDP, to Windows 2003 and 2008 servers.

1.3K Posts

August 14th, 2015 03:00

My apologies, the best work around we have for this at the moment is to use the soft keyboard on screen.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately I do not have a list of keyboards that work. They could also use the soft keyboard if the external keyboard is not working well enough.

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

Possible Answer

not sure if this was solved but it seems to use the keyboard you have to have the keyboard icon "on"(tap on it to reveal the function buttons), doing this allows it to work. i really hope it can be changed but it seems to work for now

1.3K Posts

Antoine, is your iPad language set to a different language than your Mac? What language is being used?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the work around. We will continue to look into this.

Josh Maurer

1 Message

Apple keyboard

Hey Guys

From my Ipad the keyboard give other characters when I pilot my mac mini
Example: typing "m" gives ","

Is it another app to pilot a Mac from an apple device

Thanks
Antoine

No Events found!