Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 29th, 2015 20:00

Auto Discovery shows only one computer at a time

Exclamation Auto Discovery shows only one computer at a time

I have 2 Win7 computers (let's call them computers A and B) set up with the Windows Companion (version 2.1.5), and PocketCloud on my iPad. I log into my Google account on both Windows computers and my iPad, but only one of them (computer A) is shown in the PocketCloud app. If I stop the Wyse PocketCloud service (or log off Google) on computer A, then exit PocketCloud on my iPad, when I open PocketCloud again on my iPad computer B is shown instead. If I start the PocketCloud service (or log back in to Google) on computer A again, computer A is shown but computer B goes away. In other words, computer A "hides" computer B - I can only see computer B when the PocketCloud service is stopped (or I am signed out of Google) on computer A.

If I log out of my Google account in the Windows Companion on computer B and then log back in, computers A and B switch places - now computer B "hides" computer A, so that I can only see computer A on my iPad when the Wyse PocketCloud service is stopped (or I am logged out of Google) on computer B. (The computer that takes precedence is always the one I have signed into Google on most recently.)

Is this a known bug?

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post
We could not reproduce this issue in our environment. Could you give us more information on your environment?

1. Do you have two physical computers with different network cards?
2. Is the two machine connected to same router or different?

They are two different physical computers on different networks (one at work, behind a corporate firewall, and one at home).

145 Posts

We could not reproduce this issue in our environment. Could you give us more information on your environment?

1. Do you have two physical computers with different network cards?
2. Is the two machine connected to same router or different?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Both were logged into a corporate VPN. When I disconnected both, they both showed up on my iPad. Interestingly, the username that I had saved for my computer at work showed up under my home computer. Did PocketCloud think the two were the same computer for some reason? I don't think they had the same IP address on the VPN, but I can check.

July 29th, 2015 21:00

When my work computer is connected to the VPN, it shows up twice in PocketCloud, but the second instance is grayed out. The saved password of the enabled instance is that of my home computer, seemingly indicating that PocketCloud thinks my work computer is really my home computer.

Yes, the VPN connection uses the same MAC address on both computers.

How do you choose which MAC address to use? You should probably use the one for the main network connection of the computer. You can do this by checking the computer's routing table, and looking up the MAC address of the interface used to reach, say, wyse.com.

In any case, it seems wrong to pick a MAC address for an ancillary connection like a VPN connection.

145 Posts

Can you check whether both of your machine has the same MAC address? We use MAC address as a unique identifier.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

March 4th, 2017 09:00

can I change this address from both computers?

560 Posts

April 4th, 2017 13:00

Kate,

This product has been discontinued, so if it's still working for you, I would not change anything.

1 Message

October 31st, 2020 08:00

Very nice. I love the Auto Discovery. Every result online wow. Thanks.

346 Posts

May 15th, 2023 02:00

If the auto-discovery feature in PocketCloud Pro only shows one computer at a time, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check network connectivity: Ensure that both your Android device and the computers you want to connect to are connected to the same local network. If they are on different networks or subnets, auto-discovery may not work correctly. Make sure all devices are on the same network for proper detection.

Verify network settings: Check the network settings on your Android device and the computers. Ensure that they are configured to use DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) and obtain IP addresses automatically. This helps ensure that all devices are on the same network segment and can be discovered by PocketCloud Pro.

Restart PocketCloud Pro: Close the PocketCloud Pro app on your Android device and then reopen it. Sometimes, restarting the app can refresh the auto-discovery process and help detect multiple computers on the network.

Verify computer settings: Check the settings on the computers you want to connect to. Make sure that network discovery and file sharing are enabled. These settings can usually be found in the network or sharing settings on your operating system.

Manually add computers: If auto-discovery continues to show only one computer, you can try manually adding the additional computers in PocketCloud Pro. Open the app, go to the settings, and look for an option to add a computer manually. Enter the IP address or hostname of the computer you want to connect to and save the settings. Repeat this process for each additional computer.

No Events found!