chas2015
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

I'm assuming that release went out, as I can use my Apple bluetooth keyboard and iPad to RDP to a Windows machine and the keys complained about in this thread work for me--e.g., tab, arrows, etc. However, I can't find an equivalent to Alt and Ctrl on the Apple keyboard. The fn, control, option, and command keys don't seem to do anything. Is there a way to map Apple keys to Windows keys so that I can have equivalents to Alt and Ctrl when RDPing into a Windows machine? Or is this something that will be supported in a future update? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

The "Command" key is what maps to the Windows "Control" key. However currently only Control + A is supported. Control C, V, or X does not function at this time but will be fixed in a future release.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

0 Kudos
chas2015
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

Thanks. Any hope of having full support for Ctrl at some point? For example, Ctrl+left arrow or right arrow in many applications means jump just 1 word to the left/right. Ctrl+Home typically gets you to the top of a document while Ctrl+End gets you to the bottom. Having this level of support for a Ctrl key mapping would be invaluable, as it makes life so much easier to use so many applications. Alt would be good too, but it's not as much of a showstopper for using various apps as Ctrl.

In the meantime, could you recommend any 3rd party software I might be able to use to kludge together an interim work around? Would it be of any use to try key remapping software of some kind, for example?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
chas2015
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

Looking into possibly using key remapping as a temporary fix. Does PocketCloud pass the UTF-8 codes to the remote Windows machine for Apple-specific keys like the Command and Option keys? If not, does it pass anything, and if so, what? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
Looking into possibly using key remapping as a temporary fix. Does PocketCloud pass the UTF-8 codes to the remote Windows machine for Apple-specific keys like the Command and Option keys? If not, does it pass anything, and if so, what? Thanks.

I will check with our developers and send you a PM tomorrow.

-Chris

0 Kudos
JeffT-2015
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

Has the Maintenance Release to support the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard been released?

Sorry, I see from above that is has been relesed, however, how do I get the uptdate?

Thank You

Jeff

0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
Sorry, I see from above that is has been relesed, however, how do I get the uptdate?

Thank You

Jeff

The keyboard is supported but some special functions like Control, Option, Command don't work at this time. We will be adding support for for Copy, Cut, Paste in our next maintenance release which will be out sometime in Q1. The most current version is 2.1.100 and 2.1.200 (Free & Paid).

0 Kudos
umrjmac
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

Is there an update on this?

Alternatively, is there a "better" bluetooth keyboard that can be used with the iPad and PocketCloud that has a more complete functionality set? (ctrl, alt, windows key, etc).

In the mean time, I noticed that when I have the bluetooth keyboard connected, I cannot pull up the on-screen keyboard within the application. This is problematic since the key combinations that I can't hit with the physical keyboard are there in the on-screen one...but the application has it locked down so I can't use them.

I bought an apple keyboard to use with this last night and to say that attempting to write code was an exercise in frustration is a bit of an understatement 

0 Kudos
andy-2015
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

New wireless keyboard based on Bluetooth. 128-bit encryption,Don't think I'll be able to do this on a bluetooth keyboard unless the Zodiac can handle multiple bluetooth devices simultaneously!

 

 

Ideal is the beacon. Without ideal , there is no secure direction ; without direction , there is no life


All things are difficult before they are easy.

0 Kudos
umrjmac
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by umrjmac View Post
Is there an update on this?

Alternatively, is there a "better" bluetooth keyboard that can be used with the iPad and PocketCloud that has a more complete functionality set? (ctrl, alt, windows key, etc).

In the mean time, I noticed that when I have the bluetooth keyboard connected, I cannot pull up the on-screen keyboard within the application. This is problematic since the key combinations that I can't hit with the physical keyboard are there in the on-screen one...but the application has it locked down so I can't use them.

I bought an apple keyboard to use with this last night and to say that attempting to write code was an exercise in frustration is a bit of an understatement 

Any update?

0 Kudos