Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 08:00

Bluetooth keyboard

Bluetooth keyboard

I am using Pocket cloud on an ipad to connect to my electronic patient records. I know that several keyboard keys do not function from other posts. However I am having problems with just basic functioning.

The keyboard is connected and works fine with other ipad apps. but with pocket cloud the key strokes are sometimes not picked up, slow or I get disconnected from the system.

Does anyone have experience with using a bluetooth keyboard with an ipad and Pocket Cloud.

David

10 Posts

August 13th, 2015 07:00

Quote Originally Posted by umrjmac View Post
Is there an update on this?

Alternatively, is there a "better" bluetooth keyboard that can be used with the iPad and PocketCloud that has a more complete functionality set? (ctrl, alt, windows key, etc).

In the mean time, I noticed that when I have the bluetooth keyboard connected, I cannot pull up the on-screen keyboard within the application. This is problematic since the key combinations that I can't hit with the physical keyboard are there in the on-screen one...but the application has it locked down so I can't use them.

I bought an apple keyboard to use with this last night and to say that attempting to write code was an exercise in frustration is a bit of an understatement 

Any update?

544 Posts

The "Command" key is what maps to the Windows "Control" key. However currently only Control + A is supported. Control C, V, or X does not function at this time but will be fixed in a future release.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

3 Posts

Looking into possibly using key remapping as a temporary fix. Does PocketCloud pass the UTF-8 codes to the remote Windows machine for Apple-specific keys like the Command and Option keys? If not, does it pass anything, and if so, what? Thanks.

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmaunder View Post
Any information on what else is coming in the December release? Any timeframe yet for TS Gateway support? I have a heap of clients that would buy ipads and Wyse app if this worked now.

It's a minor release. We added a new setup UI so that users who are not tech savvy can easily get up and running. There are also several bug fixes. No time frame for TS Gateway Support but I will mention it to our Product Team. Thanks for your feedback!

-Chris
Wyse Technology

3 Posts

August 13th, 2015 08:00

Failure to provide open API's so vendors can address cross-platform compatibility is a major downside to Apple's legendary closed, proprietary mentality. Now that Apple devices are ubiquitous, they need to be more open in at least a few places like keyboard and browser API's. Apple purists might ask: "Why use any non-Apple devices?" This kind of extreme parochialism will have to be smashed for iOS-based devices to complete the transition from toys to essential tools in the enterprise. (As an enthusiastic iPad 2 owner, I think they're already much more than toys, but as others have said, key mapping is a major impediment.) Let's march over to Apple.com and start hammering!

925 Posts

August 13th, 2015 08:00

The keys (ctrl, alt, windows key, etc) that are not working is due to apple's access control to these keys.
As of now we are not aware of any alternative.
we will let you know if we have any new update.
Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!