Bluetooth keyboard

Bluetooth keyboard

I am using Pocket cloud on an ipad to connect to my electronic patient records. I know that several keyboard keys do not function from other posts. However I am having problems with just basic functioning.

The keyboard is connected and works fine with other ipad apps. but with pocket cloud the key strokes are sometimes not picked up, slow or I get disconnected from the system.

Does anyone have experience with using a bluetooth keyboard with an ipad and Pocket Cloud.

David

0 Kudos
21 Replies
lori-2015
1 Copper

RE: Bluetooth keyboard

bluetooth keyboard

Yes, I'm having trouble too. I use an iPad when I work remotely using the WYSE app. The Apple wireless keyboard is very nice, but this WYSE app doesn't allow full use. The "Tab" key doesn't function, the up, down and sideways arrow keys don't work, the "escape" key doesn't work and I also experience a dropping out and or slow keyboard response. The fact that these keys aren't functional makes using it in an accounting mode tedious. Please fix.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

We are working on a maintanance release that will have improved keyboard functionality. Unfortunately we won't be able to support all KB keys and Combos since Apple doesn't provide the required APIs, but we'll be able to improve the performance.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
lori-2015
1 Copper

bluetooth keyboard with WYSE app

Are you saying that you expect the keys that are now not functioning like the tab key, the up, down & side arrow keys, escape key, delete key, home and end keys to work with my iPad? Will Apple's magic mouse ever work with the iPad? I bought one and discovered it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Some of the keys that don't work (e.g. tab, arrows) will work on the maintanance release. However, there are some keys like 'esc' that won't work since Apple maps those to other iOS functionality. 
Apple doesn't support the magic mouse with the iPad--we wish it did, it would make this even cooler 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
LordMordred
1 Copper

Any idea when this release will be, well, released? 

i am in desperate need for a tab key for an app we run......

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

If everything goes according to plan we are hoping to release in December.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
LordMordred
1 Copper

great news, thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
dmaunder
6 Indium

Any information on what else is coming in the December release? Any timeframe yet for TS Gateway support? I have a heap of clients that would buy ipads and Wyse app if this worked now.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Quote Originally Posted by dmaunder View Post
Any information on what else is coming in the December release? Any timeframe yet for TS Gateway support? I have a heap of clients that would buy ipads and Wyse app if this worked now.

It's a minor release. We added a new setup UI so that users who are not tech savvy can easily get up and running. There are also several bug fixes. No time frame for TS Gateway Support but I will mention it to our Product Team. Thanks for your feedback!

-Chris
Wyse Technology

0 Kudos