Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Can't get connected to my computer at all (both auto and manual)

Can't get connected to my computer at all (both auto and manual)

I have the newest version of the PC companion available in the downloads section and I have the newest version of the client available in the app store, but I still cannot get connected to my computer through my phone over 3G. I have not tried being on the same wifi network as I am trying to connect to my desktop while at school. I know my desktop is remote accessible because I use it via my laptop all of the time. I've tried both the manual and automatic connection settings and I always get an error saying "RDP Session Disconnected" when I try to connect.

Help?

925 Posts

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Grant, If you are on 3g, Please make sure you are on the same network as the host computer-with manual connection.
Are you able to connect to this remote desktop from a desktop windows rdp client?
Are you able to ping this host IP from your device?
Can you make sure you put ip address in the connection settings instead of name?

For autoconnection:

What is the status of the companion on the desktop?-Right click on the companion icon-
Diagnostic and also see the login status using autodiscovery settings.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

August 5th, 2015 05:00

My phone is on 3G, my computer is on its land line at home (cable, through a router). I can't use manual connection unless I'm on the same network?

I am able to connect to this computer through my laptop (running win7) while on an entirely different network (at school while my computer is home)

I can ping this host IP from my phone because I have another application which I can use to wake the computer from sleep (works fine)

I did put the IP address in.

Autodiscovery settings are fine, but this time when I ran the diagnostics it says NLA is turned on and that that will interfere. That didn't show up last time, how can I turn that off and what sort of security side effects go along with that?

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

You can turn off NLA on the computer: Computer-properties-remote settings-click on 'allow computer running any version of rdp' 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

That worked, thanks!

925 Posts

I am glad it worked for you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!