Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 30th, 2015 06:00

Can't run PocketCloud companion > 1 machine and have all machines show up

Can't run PocketCloud companion > 1 machine and have all machines show up

I run test after test, but it seems like I can't run the pocketcloud companion software using my Gmail login credentials in more than one location. If I try to run it in more than one place, neither of them show up after reboots. It all looks fine and dandy though in the Windows Pocketcloud companion client application. I can go to the Auto Discovery configuration on both of them, and the sign out button is highlighted as if it actually was able to login successfully. If I sign out and then log back in, the machine will show up. Either one. But this is hardly a solution. My machines have to be able to be started from a cold boot, remotely even and be able to be logged in.

What the problem is, I have no idea. It's extremely frustrating though, especially after dropping 15 bucks on the application on my iPhone.

145 Posts

August 6th, 2015 06:00

Currently you have two problems?
1. After restarting the computer, it does not lit up on the iPhone unless you signout and signin.
2. You have two PC and at a time only one is lit up in the iPhone

Can you verify the the below
1. Can you check if you MAC address on both the machines are same? Normally this happens if you have virtual networks?
2. Are you running the Pro version of iPhone App?
3. What Windows OS are you using?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

623 Posts

You may also want to verify if the Windows Firewall may be blocking the port. To verify go to Control Panel>Windows Firewall>Allowed Programs and verify that "Remote Desktop" and "PocketCloudService" are both checked for Domain and Home/Work(Private) or Public, if that is your network type.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

145 Posts

We are doing some test here and will update you asap.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

23 Posts

So, not a single word written in quite some time regarding this.

I think I've figured it out. It eventually does login using the Google creds, but it takes a very long time. Is it done every 8 hours or something? How come it can't do it on initial power up? What is the problem here? You said you would be doing some testing, but that was the end of it.

23 Posts

At home I have ESET Smart Security version 4.2.67.10
At work I have McAfee VirusScan Enterprise version 8.7.0i

Changing Google account user name and password made no difference. After reboot, it did not show up in Auto Discovery.

23 Posts

I woke my home machine remotely today (at approx 10:05) from work and of course, it never showed up in the auto discovery. After returning home I thought I would use a different Google account and see if that helped or not.

When I went to change the google credentials it said the Windows service wasn't even running.

I'm looking at process explorer right now, and the PocketCloudService.exe is running, but it's start time is 1:17 pm about, and that was just a few mins ago - the same time I went to change the google credentials.

So the service, is either not starting, or it's starting and crashing. I have no idea.

23 Posts

At home without being VPN'ed into work, the diagnostics look like this:

Code:
You can now connect from Wyse PocketCloud using RDP.
The IP address(es) of your computer are listed below:

At home with being VPN'ed into work, the diagnostics look like this:

Code:

At work, the diagnostics look like this:

Code:

VMware workstation is installed on the PC at work.

23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post
Currently you have two problems?
1. After restarting the computer, it does not lit up on the iPhone unless you signout and signin.

Yes

2. You have two PC and at a time only one is lit up in the iPhone

Not always. One time I got it to behave that way where I signed in and the other one went gray. Now I've got them both up and running and it looks like I can remote into both of them for the time being. I'm 99% confident if I reboot them both now, neither will be able to sign in unless I sign them out first then sign them back in.

Can you verify the the below
1. Can you check if you MAC address on both the machines are same? Normally this happens if you have virtual networks?

It doesn't appear that the MAC Addresses are not the same on either of these machines.

2. Are you running the Pro version of iPhone App?

Pro

3. What Windows OS are you using?

Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Professional

23 Posts

It seems that if I leave a machine on long enough, and I do mean "long", eventually it will show up in the Auto Discovery (no manual signing out or signing in was done). But to wait hours upon hours? This software doesn't seem ready for prime time. Buyers remorse big time.

23 Posts

Like I said before, there aren't any diagnostics I can turn on or logs I can view and return to you for analysis?

145 Posts

It seems it is starting and crashing. Can you let me know what antivirus software are you using with version number. If that did not work we will send you a private build with logs enabled to debug this issue.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

23 Posts

Windows Firewall is turned off on both machines. Home machine has ESET Smart Security 4 and the firewall has an exception for it I am pretty sure. If the firewall was the problem, I would assume that it would never work. Signing out and signing back in will allow the machine to show up in auto discovery, but reboot and then you lose it again.

23 Posts

August 6th, 2015 07:00

I sent you a reply directly with no response. The new executable code crashed right off the bat.

145 Posts

August 6th, 2015 07:00

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was not able to reproduce the issue here. I will send you a private message for debugging it.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

23 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

Sent another direct response, waiting on a reply.

No Events found!