Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Cannot access pocketcloud through iphone

Cannot access pocketcloud through iphone

I use the gmail integration to access the service through my iPad without a hitch. I downloaded the pocketcloud software for my iPhone 4 today and my notebook does not display as one of the discovered connections as it is with the iPad. My iPhone is set for auto discovery in the settings tab but I still see nothing. Please assist.

925 Posts

July 30th, 2015 03:00

can you please signout and signin on your iphone client settings page.

6 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 00:00

Figured out my issue. When I restart my laptop, the PocketCloud client starts with Windows but it requires that i go to Control Panel-> Administrative Tools->Services to start the service. Is there an easier way to start PocketCloud without going through this process?

145 Posts

Service should start automatically without user intervention. Can you please give me below details?

1. Does this issue happens on every restart? 
2. Which windows operating system are you running?

6 Posts

Yes it happens with every restart and I am running Windows 7 Enterprise. Thanks for the speedy response.

6 Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Any thoughts?

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 23:00

if service is stopped , you should not be seeing autodiscovery on ipad as well.

925 Posts

Hi Blacknote, There is a power settings on the desktop (control panel) that you can change to "never sleep" . I have seen the issue where if the system goes to sleep, you cant see the connections.

6 Posts

No dice on this solution either. I will try to uninstall/install to see if that helps. I will let you know.

6 Posts

Power settings are already set to 'never sleep'. 
I realized I am having this issue with the iPad and my iPhone. Seems as though the service doesn't start when I start Windows. I have to manually go in and start it. If this is standard, I will have to deal with it but I would like for the desktop companion to start as soon as I boot my laptop. Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.

145 Posts

Hello Blacknote,

This is not a standard or expected behaviour from the service and unfortunately we could not reproduce this issue in our environment. So we need some more details.
1. Is the startup type for Wyse PocketCloud Service is "Automatic". You can find the type in the "startup type" column of Wyse PocketCloud service entry in service manager. To start service manager you can run the services tool located in control panel-administrative tools->services

You can also do a temprory work around until we fix this issue.
1. Run the services tool located in control panel-administrative tools-services.
2.Right click on WysePocketcloud service.
3.Click on properties.
4.Click on the Recovery tab.
5. Update first failure option to restart service.
6. Update second failure option to restart service.
7. Update reset failure count to 1 day

Hope this helps

925 Posts

August 7th, 2015 04:00

Hi Blacknote ,
1. Please run the services tool located in control panel-administrative tools->services 2. please check the startup type for wyse pocketcloud service "automatic" or manual?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!