Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 22:00

Cannot connect at all

Unhappy Cannot connect at all

Hello,

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I looked at all the threads and coudln't find a solution.

I'm trying to remote connect to my work PC (Windows XP) through my Iphone and my Ipad.
Installation on Iphone and Ipad seemed to work fine, however when I try to set up the PC to be autodiscovered I run into the problem that my gmail account won't authenticate (Pretty sure it's due to firewall issues, since I can log in with my account into Igoogle but cannot reach Gmail).

So I tried to do the manual settings, but whenever I try to connect I get the message " Could not connect to server".

Any advice? I just purchased this and would really like to be able to use it too...

Thanks!!

July 29th, 2015 22:00

Anything, ANYONE???

Ok I've purchased this app and it's completely useless if I can't connect.

As I said, the autodiscovery doesn't work because I'm behind a firewall.
So how do I make it work putting in my own settings? Any suggestions? 

200 Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Auto Discovery is not for you since you cannot even login using your Gmail. You'll probably have to create a manual setup (either RDP or VNC)
1) Are your iOS devices connected to the same network as the Computer? If not: Is this a firewall at your office? Based on the settings IT administrators might not allow anyone connecting from the outside. Could you try to connect from within the same network?
2) What version of Windows XP are you using (Home or Pro?)

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 6th, 2015 02:00

Correct, I'm trying to create a manual set up but it's not working either.

1) Are your iOS devices connected to the same network as the Computer? If not: Is this a firewall at your office? Based on the settings IT administrators might not allow anyone connecting from the outside. Could you try to connect from within the same network?

I'm not connected to the same network, and yes there is a firewall. it is not possible to can connect both within the same network.

2) What version of Windows XP are you using (Home or Pro?) 

I'm using Window XP Pro.

Any suggestion to get around this?

Thanks.

200 Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

You will have to configure your router/firewall to be able to get in. This is a very manual setup and you can find instructions in the following Knowledge Base article:
https://support.wyse.com/OA_HTML/csk...wQW-rPkpcAFNiQ..

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!