slsljl
1 Copper

Cannot connect

Cannot connect

I have been trying to set up PocketCloud for over a week. I have Windows XP Pro with ser pack 3. I have a new iPad. I downloaded everything and have Removed and reinstalled twice. My iPad seems to connect to my computer but the screen is black. My PC goes back to the log in screen. I can activate the pointer device. If I try to view files it says my session has been disconnected and that Pocket Cloud Companion is not installed. It also does something to my wireless connection on my PC and I have to reboot in order to have a wireless connection.

1. Version of PocketCloud - 2.2.137
2. v2.4.19 of desktop
3. XP pro on my computer
4. n/a
5. iPad - new just got as gift
6. I can connect but am not able to see anything on my iPad. I just have a black screen. When I connect, my PC goes to the log in screen. If I select view files I get a message telling me that Pocket Cloud Companion is not installed on my computer and then it says I am disconnected. My computer then loses the wireless connection and I have to reboot to be able to have a wireless connection again.
I get no messages on my PC
7. set for Discovered
8. My connection is RDP

Can you help me use this app?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Cannot connect

Do you have good wifi signal when you are trying to connect? If you tap the screen while it is blank, does anything happen? Is the Companion software on the safe applications list on your Firewall and anti-virus applications? You can also try disabling your firewall and anti-virus to see if you are able to connect successfully.

Can you capture a log file for me and include a link to this thread in your email to me?

To capture a log, please do the following:

-Right click on the companion (kite icon in the system tray) on your PC
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the Enable Debug option
-Sign out of companion
-Sign back into companion
-Attempt to connect to your computer (reproduce the connection issue)
-After doing that, return to the advanced tab within the companion and press the ... button next to where you enabled the Debugging

It should open this file in notepad. You can email this text file to me.

Please let me know.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
slsljl
1 Copper

I do have a good wifi signal. If I tap on the screen while it is blank I get a white spot that fades away. I have disabled the firewall and the virus sofeware (I actually uninstalled the program). I will send the log file. Thanks. I hope you can figure something out.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

I replied to your email with a couple things to try out. Please let me know.

Josh Maurer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
slsljl
1 Copper

I did not get your email. Please send again.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Josh-2015
3 Zinc

Sent again.

I just replied to the email that you originally sent to me.

Josh Maurer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos