Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 29th, 2015 22:00

Connection to Windows 7 via vmView got disconnected within minutes

Hi,

I have configured vmView 4.5 in the lab. 

When I use the iPad to connect to the Win7 farm, I can connect to a desktop. However, the session automatically got disconnected after several minutes. On the virtual machine that I logged on to, I observed the following message from the event viwer :

"Client info timezone not defined, zone: Malay Peninsula Standard Time"

If I connect to the same server farm using a windows client, the problem did not happen.

I have also try using the iPad to connect to a XP farm, the problem did not happen as well.

Seem to me that is some interoperability issue between WYSE Pocket Cloud with windows 7 farm.

Please advise if there is a possible fix for this?

Thanks!!

rgds
KwaiSeng

200 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 22:00

We will try to reproduce this issue in our labs. A couple of questions to make sure we have the right environment:
1) VMware 4.5 Settings: Are you using the Security Gateway? Are you using RSA two-factor authentication?
2) Does this happen when you are idle on the iPad or always?
3) Does this happen over WiFi or 3G? If 3G, could you test it on WiFi?

Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

We have not been able to reproduce this yet. Can you please confirm this does not happen with the windows client even when it connects over the same WiFi network? We'll continue looking into this to try to reproduce it.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

4 Posts

August 6th, 2015 02:00

Hi,

it is connecting through the security gateway.

The disconnection takes place irregardless of whether it is either or now. After I logged in successfully using the iPad, I run the clock application to see the time I get kicks out, normally, less than 3 min.

It is connected via WiFi currently.

Thanks!!

rgds
KwaiSeng

4 Posts

August 6th, 2015 21:00

Hi, 

It does not happen on the Windows client, connect to the same wifi network. This problem seems to happen only on the iPAD, everything else being the same.

4 Posts

Notice one more thing.. If I set the iPAD's time zone to San Jose, it is OK, I can stay in the session for at least 10 min.. However, if it is set to Singapore, or any countries in the AsiaPAc region, the problem re-surfaced.. I hope this give you some good idea on resolving the prob.

200 Posts

THANK YOU !!! This should be helpful information for the development team.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!