Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 29th, 2015 03:00

Could not connect to server

Unhappy Could not connect to server

I am a new user totheproduct - I purchased and installed it today - set it up using my gmail account, downloaded the software for my Windoes 7 machine, ran all, completed setup - connected fine - disconnected - no I can no longer connect - could not connect to server - I checked the icon on my PC and I am logged in - I have the corrct setting on the Ipad and I am signed in. Any help will be appreciated

4 Posts

VNC
Signed in there. I have disconnected and signed in again several times.

I have also deleted the connection from my iPad and when I log back in on the PC the connection is rediscovered

Using windows 7 64bit
Uninstallednyour software and the client from both PC and iPad reinstalled all again and still no connection COULD NOT CONNECT TO SERVER

Email settings are fine PC password is fine

Can I get a refund?

925 Posts

Terbo1,
can you please check your desktop companion status? Is it signed in there? Is this a vnc or rdp connection?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I have the same issue with my IPAD trying to connect to my Macbook Pro. The IPAD discovers the MBP just fine, but can never connect to the server.
I hope you get an answer that might also help me. It's too bad that there is not better support, as I can't find a phone number, email or live chat for it.

145 Posts

July 31st, 2015 21:00

For debugging the issue, can you try with another gmail id.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

August 4th, 2015 05:00

Same problem here. Stopped working today. Also upgraded to 4.3. Help???

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 02:00

Same issue with my Ipad - gmail connections look good on both sides. Manual connections to server OK. Companion installed on Server 2008 R2 Standard. Ipad ver 3.2.2 (7B500)

4 Posts

no luck yet

Tried a new gmail account - no help

12 Posts

Same problem here. "Could not connect to server" when attempting Autodiscovery sessions on my iPad 2. I setup several Autodiscovery Windows machines using the app and logged them into my GMail account. They all worked perfectly for a couple of days. Ever since late last week, none of these sessions work any longer. None of the VNC or RDP sessions. I have checked, and the Windows companion is working correctly on all of the machines. I have signed out and back in again and run the RDP and VNC tests successfully. Manual connections work fine - just no Autodiscovery sessions. Is there an update in the works that will resolve these problems?

4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gcgosha View Post
Same issue with my Ipad - gmail connections look good on both sides. Manual connections to server OK. Companion installed on Server 2008 R2 Standard. Ipad ver 3.2.2 (7B500)

Hi how easy is it to setup a manual connection?

I have no clue. Any assistance would be helpful.

3 Posts

this problem started over the weekend I have not changed anything on my phone or home computer it perfect last week have not been able to get anything to connect get server error. problem must be with your equipment please resolve

3 Posts

same problem her iphone 3.1.2

5 Posts

Please PM me about getting a refund. I purchased yesterday and IT set it up on my desktop and I got in once out of twenty tries. Given the abundance of issues here I don't feel like debugging without pay. 
I need it to work today while travelling, tomorrow will be too late.
Mistakes happen, please make it right by giving my money back for a product that is obviously having problems. 
iPad 4.3
Sees my desktop on auto discovery but can't connect. When it tries to reconnect it bounces to iPad home screen.

925 Posts

we are aware of issues with ios 4.3, But earlier version should not have any problem.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I am new to PocketCloud (Lite for now) as well and am experiencing the same "Could not connect to server" with a VNC Autodiscovery setup to my Mac Pro from my new iPad 2 . A manual VNC connection works fine as others have noted.

4 Posts

well looking at the responses here. It seems to be a bigger problem!! 

Also the notes on support for OSX seem very limited!

Would be helpful if there also was a straightforward guide for setting it up manually with a mac home connection as the Auto Connect is not bringing me any joy!

No Events found!