nutyga
1 Copper

RE: Could not connect to server

well looking at the responses here. It seems to be a bigger problem!! 

Also the notes on support for OSX seem very limited!

Would be helpful if there also was a straightforward guide for setting it up manually with a mac home connection as the Auto Connect is not bringing me any joy!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jf2go
1 Nickel

Same problem here. "Could not connect to server" when attempting Autodiscovery sessions on my iPad 2. I setup several Autodiscovery Windows machines using the app and logged them into my GMail account. They all worked perfectly for a couple of days. Ever since late last week, none of these sessions work any longer. None of the VNC or RDP sessions. I have checked, and the Windows companion is working correctly on all of the machines. I have signed out and back in again and run the RDP and VNC tests successfully. Manual connections work fine - just no Autodiscovery sessions. Is there an update in the works that will resolve these problems?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MichF-2015
1 Copper

I am new to PocketCloud (Lite for now) as well and am experiencing the same "Could not connect to server" with a VNC Autodiscovery setup to my Mac Pro from my new iPad 2 . A manual VNC connection works fine as others have noted.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gcgosha
1 Copper

Same issue with my Ipad - gmail connections look good on both sides. Manual connections to server OK. Companion installed on Server 2008 R2 Standard. Ipad ver 3.2.2 (7B500)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nutyga
1 Copper

Quote Originally Posted by gcgosha View Post
Same issue with my Ipad - gmail connections look good on both sides. Manual connections to server OK. Companion installed on Server 2008 R2 Standard. Ipad ver 3.2.2 (7B500)

Hi how easy is it to setup a manual connection?

I have no clue. Any assistance would be helpful.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Bobbpix
1 Copper

Please PM me about getting a refund. I purchased yesterday and IT set it up on my desktop and I got in once out of twenty tries. Given the abundance of issues here I don't feel like debugging without pay. 
I need it to work today while travelling, tomorrow will be too late.
Mistakes happen, please make it right by giving my money back for a product that is obviously having problems. 
iPad 4.3
Sees my desktop on auto discovery but can't connect. When it tries to reconnect it bounces to iPad home screen.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
terbo1
1 Copper

Still no luck

I have removed the app from my PC removed from my iPad
Installed again on iPad and PC
When I open app on iPad it ask for my gmail account I log in and it just looks for a PC never finds one I am logged in on the PC

If I do a manual setup instead of auto discovery what is the address of the server I should use

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

We are working on this issue and will update you asap. To connect maunally, can you refer to pocket cloud user guide.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mhammo
1 Nickel

Ditto, seeing the same problem. So much for those good reviews on the App Store. Seeing all the problems listed here on this site I wonder if these are planted reviews. Not happy with this product so far. I posted my issues in a new thread, cannot connect to Mac or Win7 machine.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cocoiceberg
1 Copper

I'm new to this app, and tried so many times but still failed to connect. Desperate! I found this post. My ipad ios is 4.3. It seems this is the problem? Please fix it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos