Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

July 29th, 2015 05:00

Does PocketCload use the 3G instead of WiFi?

Hi,
While using PocketCload for a while here at home, with the iPad cable connected to the Mac, and supposing to be using WiFi, I get the message: used 138% of my daily 3G allowance. 

My question therefore, does PocketCload use the 3G instead of WiFi when connecting to the desktop?

bw, Omar KN

6 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
...by looking at the icon on the status bar at the top of your iPad. ...

Yeah, thank you, correct.

However this is strange. I'm here on WiFi at home.
All apps were terminated in the dock except for 2: WYSE Pocketcloud and DataMan, which calculates my 3G usage.

Then (still on WiFi) I connected to my Imac through WYSE Pocketcloud, checked a two apps, first Mail (on the iMac), then I pressed a button on iTiunes (on the iMac), back to the iPad:
DataMan now tells me that (with no other apps running on the iPad) I'ved used on the 3G network: 220 KB downw. and 60 KB upward traffic.

How is this possible? And over an extended period the other day (see my note above) much more 3G bandwidth was used.

bw, Omar KN
(WYSE Pocketcloud is a very neat app otherwise of course!)

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Hi Omar,

It uses whatever network is available at the time. You can figure that out by looking at the icon on the status bar at the top of your iPad. 

See Page 13 of the user manual.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...user_guide.pdf

-Chris

6 Posts

August 1st, 2015 01:00

Hi OmarKN, Can you turn off 3g on your phone at home. Does this help?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

August 1st, 2015 01:00

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
turn off 3g on your phone at home.

At home WiFi will take over 3G, (except for the above described issue), but thank you anyways :-)

bw, Omar K N

PS:
Right now I could not reproduce the above mentioned issue, I'll check this later, ...

No Events found!