Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 05:00

Does the google account have to be a GMAIL account?

Does the google account have to be a GMAIL account?

I have a google account setup using my work email address. When I am signed into both the pocketcloud app on my iPad and on the pocketcloud companion on my windows 7 computer, my computer does not show up in the auto-discovery. If I sign in using someone's gmail account info, my computer shows up immediatley. Do I have to have a gmail google account to get the auto-discovery to work or is there a setting somewhere that I am missing?

August 5th, 2015 03:00

It is not. Just the one that I am using as my gmail account log in.

1.3K Posts

It needs to be either a @gmail.com email address or a google enterprise address. Is your work email a google enterprise email address?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

That would explain it. It needs to be a @gmail.com address or a Google enterprise email address.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

October 29th, 2016 07:00

Yes, to get logged in you need to have gmail account and it will work for all services, google + , Blog-spot blog etc...

346 Posts

July 3rd, 2023 00:00

No, a Google account does not have to be a Gmail account. While Gmail is a popular email service provided by Google, you can create a Google account using any email address, including non-Gmail email addresses.

When signing up for a Google account, you can choose to use an existing email address from another provider, such as Outlook, Yahoo Mail, or your own custom domain. This allows you to access various Google services, including Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and more, using your preferred email address.

No Events found!