Highlighted
andy.w-2015
1 Copper

RE: Entering Gmail Credentials Crashes Pocket Cloud on Ipad

Thanks for the step by step instructions. I tried a few other VNC server programs but seemed impossible to configure, the Tight VNC did the trick. Thanks again. All working now and quite impressed.

0 Kudos
e_chris
1 Nickel

I'm having the same problem. 

Using wifi with a google apps account. I can successfully login to the Windows companion with my google account but the app crashes on the ipad as soon as I enter in my credentials. I'm using the most recent version of iOS.

edit: i want to use rdp not vnc.

0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

Is the crash consistent? Does it succeeded anytime?
What wireless router are you using and also how much bandwidth you have? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
e_chris
1 Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post

Is the crash consistent? Does it succeeded anytime?
What wireless router are you using and also how much bandwidth you have? 
Consistently. We have a SonicWALL 3060 with 20 Mb pipe.
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

We are trying to simulate the issue here in a similar setup. In meanwhile want to know the version of PocketCloud you are using? We have released a new version yesterday (2.1.200). 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

0 Kudos
e_chris
1 Nickel

Just downloaded everything today.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

What language keyboard are you using? I tried using our company google account and it is working fine. 
Can you try signing in with any personal gmail account? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
e_chris
1 Nickel

It finally started working yesterday. I'm not sure if it was related to me rebooting the ipad or not. I'm using an english keyboard and a google apps account.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
BraveDave-2015
1 Copper

Same thing is happening to me. I just installed the PocketCloud App, not sure on the version, but it's whatever version that would have been available yesterday (the Free one). As soon as I enter my gmail credentials the app crashes and closes. I'm using a 32GB iPad, WiFi only on a corporate Cisco WiFi public network. The crash is immediate, instantaneously upon entering the "Next" button. I just rebooted my iPad (based on the prior post), but it didn't fix the problem. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
David

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
e_chris
1 Nickel

Quote Originally Posted by BraveDave View Post

Same thing is happening to me. I just installed the PocketCloud App, not sure on the version, but it's whatever version that would have been available yesterday (the Free one). As soon as I enter my gmail credentials the app crashes and closes. I'm using a 32GB iPad, WiFi only on a corporate Cisco WiFi public network. The crash is immediate, instantaneously upon entering the "Next" button. I just rebooted my iPad (based on the prior post), but it didn't fix the problem. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
David 
Just out of curiosity, do you have a special character in your password? I only ask because I do and I suspect that that is/was the issue.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos