Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 30th, 2015 04:00

Entering Gmail Credentials Crashes Pocket Cloud on Ipad

Entering Gmail Credentials Crashes Pocket Cloud on Ipad

I have been trying to set up my auto discover settings on my ipad. I go and enter my gmail account and password. When I press the sign in button it completely closes/crashes Pocketcloud. I get no error message and I have to restart pocketcloud.

I have verified I am entering the correct credentials as I have entered them on the companion pc successfully.

I have removed the pocketcloud app off the ipad and redownloaded and installed it. I still get the same results.

145 Posts

Hello kdf205,

We would like to know some more details about your environment as we failed to simulate the issue in our environment

1. Are you using 3G/Wi-Fi ?
2. Is there any type of special characters in your email id?
3. For testing purpose can you try any other gmail id?

1 Message

I know if I have the gmail login information set and pocket cloud can not get to the gmail set the app will crash.
Also can you add a apple key to the keyboard to help with controlling a Mac ?

I have just bought this App for my iphone 4 and tried to connect my Windows 7 PC. I've entered my Google info on the PC and the iPhone app, it shows the PC on the app. I try to then connect and a box flashes up with "RDP Session Disconnected", and then usually just crashes. What am I doing wrong? not very happy with my £8.99 investment so far!!!!

200 Posts

Thanks for bringing this up, we will add the apple key in a future release and are trying to reproduce/address the crash. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

2. Is your computer Windows 7 home edition?
3. Are you trying to connect using RDP or VNC?

200 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

Hi Andy. PocketCloud supports Home Editions but you need to install a VNC Server on your machine. I recommend you download tightvnc: http://www.tightvnc.com/download.php

We'll try to simplify the setup instructions based on your feedback. To summarize:

1) Install TightVNC on your machine (the setup will ask you for a VNC Password)
2) Install the PocketCloud Windows Companion and sign in with your Gmail (This is so you can easily connect when you are on different networks)
3) Run the PocketCloud Diagnostics from the Windows Companion to ensure that everything is setup correctly
4) On your iPad/iPhone: Enter your Gmail credentials. Expected Result: Your PC should be discovered
5) Login form your iPad/iPhone using the same VNC password

Please let us know if this helped. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

200 Posts

My appologies: I forgot one important step required with TightVNC.
On TightVNC do the following:
1) You should have a TightVNC icon on your taskbar. Right Click on it and select "Configuration"
2) Go to the Access Control Tab
3) Click on "Allow loopback connections"

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Im in the same situation, I thought It was going t be an easy install and now Im stuck trying to solve this problem.
Im using Ipad. wifi, windows 7 home edition. Install tightvnc, gmail. I ran diagnostics evrything is ok. But when I tried to connect using Ipad it reads " unable to connect to server"
Please help, this is so frustrating ...

Thanks for the step by step instructions. I tried a few other VNC server programs but seemed impossible to configure, the Tight VNC did the trick. Thanks again. All working now and quite impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post

2. Is your computer Windows 7 home edition?
3. Are you trying to connect using RDP or VNC? 
I'm on Win7 Home Premium. I've now found out it won't work in this edition. It didn't say that in the App Store. So how do I connect in layman's terms?

I thought the Gmail thing would work but it doesn't. The App in the App Store made it sound so simple to set up, unfortunately not!

10 Posts

August 6th, 2015 05:00

I'm having the same problem. 

Using wifi with a google apps account. I can successfully login to the Windows companion with my google account but the app crashes on the ipad as soon as I enter in my credentials. I'm using the most recent version of iOS.

edit: i want to use rdp not vnc.

145 Posts

August 6th, 2015 21:00

We are trying to simulate the issue here in a similar setup. In meanwhile want to know the version of PocketCloud you are using? We have released a new version yesterday (2.1.200). 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

I tried the password "!@#$%123" and was able to login without any crashing.

145 Posts

A crash was reported when there is no internet connection in the device. This issue looks very similar, Can you verify your internet connectivity from the device? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

Is the crash consistent? Does it succeeded anytime?
What wireless router are you using and also how much bandwidth you have? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!