Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

August 2nd, 2015 23:00

Free version 2.2.123 disables sound on remote computer

Free version 2.2.123 disables sound on remote computer

Subject says all. I also tried to disable audio device redirection in remote computer local policy without any luck.

I thought pocketcloud tried to redirect audio to local device, failing due to the lack of support in free version, but it seems that it deliberately disables remote audio.

Why don't just leave it alone?

I'm using a RDP manual connection to a Windows 7 Ultimate machine.

The Windows machine hosts several audio devices that I don't see anymore when I connect through PocketCloud. No problem connecting to the same machine from other RDP clients on Windows, OS X or Linux (disabling sound redirection on clients which support it).

1.3K Posts

That is correct. PocketCloud FREE disables audio by design on the machine you are connected to. Audio is fully supported in the Pro version of the application.

1.3K Posts

Hello Marcello,

What type of connection are you using (RDP or VNC)? Is it a manual or automatic connection?

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately audio via RDP connections is disabled on the Free version of the application. Sound is available via RDP connections on the Pro version.

Josh,

I don't need audio on iPad, via RDP. I just want it to stay on my music server, while controlling it via PocketCloud.

Unfortunately when I connect to my music server ALL audio is disabled on the server, making it completely useless.

Are you saying that PocketCloud disables audio on TARGET system by design?

No Events found!