CBinClrwtr
1 Copper

Frequent hangs, and blue screen / BSOD with installation on Virtual Desktop

Frequent hangs, and blue screen / BSOD with installation on Virtual Desktop

Hello,

I have WYSE Companion installed on a windows virtual desktop. When it works, it works absolutely great. However, three or four times a week the virtual desktop crashes and needs to be reset, typically after the connection to the IPAD has been lost and reconnected. 

When this occurs, the virtual desktop with WYSE Companion crashes or hangs, and one the following will be true:
- both WYSE on IPAD nor Windows Remote desktop cannot connect, and the VDI Manager console shows the Windows blue screen of death / BSOD on the desktop
- or, WYSE does not see the machine available, but Windows Remote desktop can connect and immediately disconnects before showing the Windows log-in box
- or, WYSE does not see the machine available, but Windows Remote desktop can connect and only shows a blank screen (presumable the blank page immediately before the Windows login credentials box is presented)

The virtual desktop is Win XP SP3, running Wyse companion 2.1.5
IPAD is running OS 4.x and PocketCloud Pro2.1.217

I have not seen anyone else note these issues with windows virtual desktop and I assumed it is (officially or unofficially) supported.

Unfortunately I do not know how to tell what version of VMWARE my virtual desktop is running on...

Any comments are appreciated.

Thank you,
-Carlos

Tags (2)
0 Kudos