Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 09:00

Gtalk works, gmail works, but PocketCloud Auto Discovery tells me Login Fail

Question  Gtalk works, gmail works, but PocketCloud Auto Discovery tells me Login Fail

This used to work until 2 days ago. System Win XP. Version 2.1.14.

I didn't change any OS patch, no new apps install.

Tested with gtalk, worked. With gmail, worked. The google account is not locked. 

Use the same account with PocketCloud for Windows autodiscovery. It tells my login fail. 

Restart the PocketCloud service, doesn't work.

Restart the machine, doesn't work.

Remove the pocketcloud and reinstall it, doesn't work.

Can ping talk.google.com.

Please let me know what other things I can do to make it working!!! 

10 Posts

July 31st, 2015 21:00

Well, I think I found the answer. Somehow, when pocketcloud connects to google, it is routed into internal proxy where 5222 doesn't go through. But pidgin can successfully connects to google at 5222 (74.125.159.125:5222). That's weired. Does PocketCloud uses different google gateway? Does pocketcloud use talkx.l.google.com? I can telnet to that host with port 5222. If pidgin can go through and telnet can go through, I expect PocketCloud can go through. But apparently it is not the case.

925 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 20:00

HI ggbal, Please update your windows companion to the latest. we hope you dont see this problem.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

hi Vikktorea, do you have any proxy server installed on your desktop?
Any antivirus software installed? Can you please disable the antivirus if any and then relogin?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

I have the latest version of windows companion and I am experiencing the same Log In Failed when entering my Google credentials. Any thoughts?

10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
HI ggbal, Please update your windows companion to the latest. we hope you dont see this problem.

I am already in the latest one 2.1.14. Or is there a newer one?

10 Posts

August 5th, 2015 20:00

Same Problem I'm Having

Same configuration, same problem.

What's the solution?

10 Posts

I am using Windows. BTW, I am not using VNC but RDP. The "Test" button in Auto Discovery window shows "RDP to port 3389 is successful".

no login possible via gmail

I´m experiencing the same problem:

all my gmail login work normal in all browsers, but Pocketcloud always tells me login failed.

I have no firewall installed, using mac os x 10.6.7 with the latest wyse mac client.

Please help!

thank you,
c

925 Posts

Can you please rightclick on mac pocketcloud icon-remote access setup, VNC service working fine?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

at least, can we get a debug-able version which can produce some sort of log file?

925 Posts

HI All,
can you please look into your mac settings. system preference-security-firewall - what is enabled?
Can you make sure you have 'allow all incoming connections enabled'.
For windows users, Can you do a diagnostic test on your companion as well. Right click on companion-diagnostic

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

hi ggbal, how about ssl port 443? Does that work?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

yes. it works. I telnet it successfully.

10 Posts

I did diagnostics. All (RDB/VNC configuration, firewall configuration, and login) passed with green checks. It is worth noting I can do telnet to talkx.l.google.com 5222 successfully.

1 Message

I'm having similar problems. I'm being told that my authentication failed due to too many security failures. I've logged out of both the ipad app and the windows companion, closed the applications/programs, changed the vnc password and still get the same error. Help?

No Events found!