Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 09:00

Gtalk works, gmail works, but PocketCloud Auto Discovery tells me Login Fail

Question  Gtalk works, gmail works, but PocketCloud Auto Discovery tells me Login Fail

This used to work until 2 days ago. System Win XP. Version 2.1.14.

I didn't change any OS patch, no new apps install.

Tested with gtalk, worked. With gmail, worked. The google account is not locked. 

Use the same account with PocketCloud for Windows autodiscovery. It tells my login fail. 

Restart the PocketCloud service, doesn't work.

Restart the machine, doesn't work.

Remove the pocketcloud and reinstall it, doesn't work.

Can ping talk.google.com.

Please let me know what other things I can do to make it working!!! 

925 Posts

August 6th, 2015 03:00

Hi Kzieba, For vnc, May be you need to restart the vnc service and then logout/login to companion. It could be that your vnc service is in a bad state. What vnc app do you have running? real or tight?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 6th, 2015 04:00

and some *&!$£" added a check to the android app to avoid people entering any other email address than @gmail.com!
Fab. one problem solved, now the next. could someone get them to remove the hindrance please?

I have same issue. Was working perfectly and now when I select the computer (using Windows7 64 bit) I get password rejection. Have uninstalled and reinstalled companion. Uninstalled and reinstalled the computer on the iPad app and still get the same response. 

At a loss on how to move forward, internally they have said no changes to the server.

925 Posts

Hi ggbal, Our pleasure. Glad we were able to help you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

10 Posts

Check to see any progress on my case from Windows side.

Hello,

I am having the same issues as described on this thread -- Login failed due to "Wrong credentials" on the ipad, and Login failed on Windows 7 for the same reason. I attempted to reinstall the software, reboot the computer, restart the service, and I've also updated the .txt file as described above ( \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion\PocketCloudConfig.txt "TalkServer":null to "TalkServer":"74.125.159.125")... Nothing is working. On the ipad, I attempted the "log in through your browser" suggestion, which solved nothing. 

I am set up through google apps / gmail (with a custom domain), and have no problem logging in through the browser on either the PC or the iPad.

From the volume of messages on this subject, it seems to be a known issue which should have more guidance than just "ensure you've typed your username and password correctly"... This is clearly a software issue. If there are ipad or network configurations your users (me) need to consider, please let us know what we should be trying. My PC is behind a firewall / router, and I tried dropping the firewall to see if that would resolve the issue, with no effect.

So, I'm failing on both devices, and this isn't looking good. Please advise.

Castle.

thankyou, that worked.

145 Posts

ggbal,
Can you modify the below settings in \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion\PocketCloudConfig.txt
"TalkServer":null to "TalkServer":"74.125.159.125"

Let us know if this works, if not I can send you a debug build to find more details. It seems pocketcloud is getting some other ip address when resolving "talk.google.com"

Sarun

Wyse PocketCloud Team

1 Message

I have met similar problem today. Login fail on ipad, but I could successfully login on window companion. Was told invalid google credentials. it used to work fine. I tried login to gmail acount using safari on ipad, quit and launch back, reinstall the companion on windows. Nothing works. Please help! Thanks!

try googlemail.com

had the same problem.

i remembered i was one of those who was mixed up in the gmail domain problem for uk and germany and my initial address had been @googlemail.com

I tried that and it worked. go figure...

hope this helps someone else.

Unhappy  failed to login - mac os x 10.6.7

mac companion is up to date, no proxy is being used, firewall has been completely turned off, and also on with the settings mentioned previously in this post. i can manually configure a connection, but then it only works on my home wifi (which isn't very useful). i don't have any problem accessing my gmail account, but everytime i try to use the autodiscovery, i'm given the "failed to login" message. I've tried 2 different gmail accounts. 

Anybody?

Anybody have a possible solution?

RDP - on computer. Am away from computer -traveling. When back at desk - I will make change and let you know.

925 Posts

Higgbal, I have forwarded the information to our developer. we will get back to you soon.

Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi Andy,
Are you using the password you used while configuring the vnc service. This is not the same as the mac login.
click on the kite(airplane) like icon on ypur mac. logout of autodiscovery. login again.
Please do logout and login back to google service on your device too.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!