How do I get a refund?
Got this to be able to access both home and work computers. Only works with home computers while on the home network. Can't access work from home, nothing in work firewall is blocking. Can't access home computers when not at home. The program just crashes.
Certain aspects of program are great when it works, but it is to buggy. Not ready for primetime.
Yes. They show up in the list of machines, but either don't connect or the program crashes when trying to connect. I believe to be something in the corporate fire wall but can't find any documentation to tell it what ports are used to create the tunnel, and the program does not give any feedback. It just doesn't connect or crashes.
The problem appears to be the firewall has a proxy server. The beef is: Why it is not better documented that it does not work through proxy servers? Why does the software crash or pretend to work only to die off instead of notifying the user of the condition? Why does the PocketCloud Diagnositics report everything okay when there is a problem? I hate to be critical but there are so many "crapware" apps out there that promise a solution but fail to deliver. My two cents for making this a better product are:
1. Make it work through proxy servers.
2. Provide better diagnostic tools and documentation to back them up.
3. Have to computers list show in landscape mode when ipad is positioned in landscape, without having to bump it everytime.
4. Utilize the multi-tasking ability, so a user does not have to reconnect if they need to check an email or something else.
5. Have virtual mouse (touch pointer) scroll screen left or up when positioned to the right or bottom of physical screen. Currently you have to move the screen manually so the virtual mouse can point to these areas.
6. Make the keyboard auto-activate work with VNC. Only appears to work with RDP.
User interface suggestions:
1. would be nice to have two fingers touch and swipe to move screen within display window instead of one. This would eliminate the screen getting bumped around by accident. You could then use a single finger swipe up/down or left/right to scroll within a window to make it feel more like an ipad app.
2. Put TAB, arrows, PGUP PGDWN, Fkeys on top of keyboard. Like what you did with Esc Alt Ctrl. Would make them much easier to use.
Hope this helps.