Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 30th, 2015 07:00

I can see my desktop but I can't interact with it

I can see my desktop but I can't interact with it

I have installed the Wyse PocketCloud Pro iPad application and the Mac companion software. I used the auto discovery approach using my gmail account. All went well. I can connect to my Mac, see my desktop, and move around on it, but not amount of clicking yields any resulting action on the Mac. Any ideas?

5 Posts

On the sharing screen, I click remote management. On the resulting screen, I click the options button at the lower right. On the resulting screen all boxes are checked.

544 Posts

Go to Apple > System Preferences > Sharing > Remote Managment.

What options are checked in "Computer Settings" and "Options"?

-Chris
Wyse Technology

623 Posts

What about the Options at the bottom of the page on the Sharing screen?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

623 Posts

Sorry for the delay.
What is the status of your Rmote Management (Red or Green)
If Green, what is the IP address?
Under Computer settings, which options are enabled?
Do you have the Allow Access to All Users option selected or is it for a specific user?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5 Posts

Computer settings:
The only box checked is the VNC Users may control with password ....
All other information on this page is empty or unchecked. The password in the VNC option is the password that I am using in the password setting on the ipad.

Options:
All boxes are checked.

5 Posts

Still waiting for an answer

After my last clarification on the Mac settings, I've heard nothing on this one. Any news?

5 Posts

Remote Management is Green. 

The IP address is 192.168.0130.

Computer settings:
The only box checked is the VNC Users may control with password ....
All other information on this page is empty or unchecked. The password in the VNC option is the password that I am using in the password setting on the ipad.

Options:
All boxes are checked.

All Users.

No Events found!