Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 06:00

I've officially given up.

I've officially given up.

I've been trying to get PocketCloud to work for two weeks and gotten no where. To try and solve this by looking at what others have done, I browsed through the most recent 30 or 40 forum threads. All have the same look and feel: after a day or two, the support person asks for a piece of technical information. When that is supplied, more information is requested. In MANY cases, what is being asked for was requested and supplied earlier in the thread. Instructions for corrective action seem to be rare and in my case, earlier thread responses document that I've already done what is being suggested.

This looks like a tremendous tool and I had hoped to deploy the PRO version at work to a number of people. But, support like this would never cut it in a business environment. There are other tools out there that provide this functionality so I'll look at one of them.

August 10th, 2015 05:00

Same problem here. Got the tech support runaround and a referral to the forum.

August 10th, 2015 09:00

Hey all you frustrated users,
If you still have any steam, left try this, it worked for me in a big way!.
1. Google TightVNC, download and install. During install opt out of the user and password configuration screen (you'll do it later)
2. Uninstall PocketCloud from your PC at this time, I think when it installed, it also installs a program called "Microsoft Primary Interoperability Assemblies 2005", leave that one alone, until I have a chance to investigate, it's removal.
3. After install, you will see an icon on task bar (box with black V in it), click it and configuration will open. Set a password for primary and viewer, (i used same for both) leave all else alone for now.
4. Get your Smart Phone and open the PocketCloud app. and delete all of the auto finds it performed, and setup manual connection. select VNC and use port 5900. ( if you recall, that was the default in TightVNC).
See if that works for you, I stumbled across due to a serious bout of frustration, with the companion -ware.
If this is confusing, or I am not clear in some way, I will try and describe the procedure in more detail at a later date.
The best part of this solution is, you will never have to give out your Gmail account info in any way, because it is not used to configure.
They will probably ban me for giving out this info!, Because it just works better than theirs and they can't compile a mailing list with it.
Spytech

No Events found!