Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C2

July 29th, 2015 07:00

Invalid credentials...?

Invalid credentials...?

Hello fellow pocketcloud'ers

I have just installed pocket cloud to my ipad and my windows 7 home premium, everything has installed correctly and the ipad shows my pc. Once I try to connect with my gmail account (same as initial registration) I get the floating box that tells me I have entered invalid credentials. I have checked, checked and checked again that I am entering the said details correctly and still the message comes.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks kindly

Ray

Exclamation Invalid Credentials problems....

I have two Windows 8 machines that I am having problems connecting to from PocketCloud PRO for iOS. The machines are showing as available in the Auto Discovery, but when I initiate a connection I get the error message:

"Invalid Credentials"
"Your login credentials are invalid. Please correct and try again."

Each machine is currently on a separate network, since one is a desktop and the other is a traveling laptop.

The traveling laptop is running Windows 8, PocketCloud Companion v2.5.13 and TightVNC v2.6.4

The desktop is running Windows 8 Pro Pack with Media Center, PocketCloud Companion v2.5.13 and TightVNC v2.6.4

In my testing to try to attempt at get this resolved I have attempted the following:

• Poked holes in McAfee Firewall to allow traffic ports 58xx & 59xx (xx for privacy)
  • Turned off the McAfee Firewall (temporarily)
  • Enabled "Use 3rd Party VNC on Port" in PocketCloud Companion
  • Disabled "Require VNC Authentication" in TightVNC

At this point I am not sure what else to try. All I have been able to determine is, based on my experience thus far, that this is isolated to Windows 8. I have other machines I can connect to on older versions of Windows.

Please offer any advice or resolution.

1.3K Posts

Please take a look at the following knowledge-base article that explains what credentials need to be used where within PocketCloud:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ud-credentials

Please let me know if this does not help you get going.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

623 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 08:00

please review the following knowledge base article for a solution to this issue: http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ud-credentials

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

August 14th, 2015 05:00

I'm sorry, I don't see where this KB article offers a solution. It only describes each connection type. 

On the iOS PocketCloud App, I have multiple Windows 8 machines that shows up on the Auto Discovery list as "connected" for a Remote Shadowing (VNC) connection. So the only credential will be the password, which I would've provided in the TightVNC configuration. When I try to connect to these machines, with the configured VNC password, I get an invalid credentials message. 

Help please.

August 14th, 2015 06:00

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

You might want to try is uninstalling and re-installing TightVNC, creating a new password, then entering that password into the password field within PocketCloud when prompted. It looks as though you should be using the TightVNC password that is set (from what I can see in the screen shots). Make sure you do not have any other VNC applications installed on that computer, that can also cause a problem.

This must be a flaw in PocketCloud working with Windows 8. I did as you suggested; uninstalled TightVNC, restarted PC and re-installed TightVNC. No luck.

1.3K Posts

Are you using a 3rd party VNC client/server on your machine or are you only using PocketCloud and the companion software?

Josh Maurer

623 Posts

If you are using TightVNC, and If you are getting an "Invalid Credentials" message, verify that you have "Allow loopback connections" enable on your VNC server.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 Message

I am having same issue on a Windows 7 Home Premium Machine. Invalid Credentials. I have been through the forums and FAQ's nothing works.

I would be more than happy to use my Windows 8 login information, but there is no where for me to put it.

Here are the three screens I have for one of the machines. 

So as you can see, no where am I being asked for the Windows 8 login information. I do believe this to be the problem, but I can't seem to locate the cause to try to implement a fix. From what I understand on a PocketCloud connection to a Windows 8 PC, when the connection is started you should see a different screen that asked for "Username", "Password" and "Domain". I never see that on these two machines in question. They act like any of the previous versions of Windows connections.

(Note - This machine shown in the pictures above does also have a RDP connection available and I have been able to successfully get that connection established. But I still need VNC connections to work for troubleshooting user problems.)

1.3K Posts

Please try using your Windows 8 login information. You may need to enter your Windows live email address and password.

Josh Maurer

1 Message

I am getting the same problem as this on Windows 7 Home Premium. I have downloaded TightVCN, I have allowed Loopback and I know my password, but yet I can't seem to connect from my iPad. 
I can't understand what this thing wants from me - I get the same Username and Password requirement screen, as the screenshots listed before and I don't even know what it wants from me - the Username and Password with which I login to my PC? If not - which? What? Why aren't there any explanations to this on the program itsself or on the guide? Seriously, find a fix for this. If anyone can't help me - please do. 

Also: If in those screens it wants my VCN pass, what do I give as a username?

1.3K Posts

Did you set a VNC password when you re-installed the application? Is the option to require a VNC password set within TightVNC?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad to hear things are working for you now.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

stako, please take a look at the following knowledge-base article related to what credentials to use and where within PocketCloud:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...ud-credentials

Please let me know if this does not help you get connected.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

You might want to try is uninstalling and re-installing TightVNC, creating a new password, then entering that password into the password field within PocketCloud when prompted. It looks as though you should be using the TightVNC password that is set (from what I can see in the screen shots). Make sure you do not have any other VNC applications installed on that computer, that can also cause a problem.

No Events found!