werner.zenner
1 Copper

Ipad keyboard different language

Ipad keyboard different language

Hi,

When i use pocketcloud as rdp-client to our servers, i notice strange things about the keyboard.
Default my keyboard of the ipad is in azerty, my server also is in azerty. But when i type "a" pocketcloud translates this to "q".
When i change my keyboard on the ipad to qwerty, then when i type "q" pocketcloud translates this to "a".

Can you give me any hint ?

Br
Werner

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

RE: Ipad keyboard different language

what is your chosen language on ipad and desktop? Does the querty layout/ desktop querty works for you? Thanks for your feedback.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
werner.zenner
1 Copper

The server is in azerty. I can't change this because several other persons work on this server.

Br,
Werner

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

I chose french (azerty layout) on my desktop . I could not reproduce somehow on a notepad.. when I type 'a I see a and q when I type q...
my ipad keyboard layout is azerty and language french..

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

what is your operating system on the desktop and the language chosen?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
vasco-2015
1 Copper

Azerty and Qwerty keyboard

Hi,
I have exactly The same problème as Werner.
The iPad is In French layout and French azerty keyboard configuration.
The Windows server 2003 I watt to access in RDP is in French keyboard.
When I type "a" on iPad or iPhone, I receive a "q" on the desktop.
I was using before the Jaadu RDP software on iPhone and it was working well with the same configuration and without any keyboard issue.
I was searching for a equivalent software because Jaadu RDP is not on iPad, that's the reason I have bought Wyse Cloud but the consequence of the keyboard issue is that the software cannot be used.

Thank you for a support for French users and hope to have a quick upgrade provided by Wyse Support.

JLD

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Suchitha
3 Cadmium

we have been able to reproduce it. we are working actively on the solution. Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
vasco-2015
1 Copper

International Keyboard Issue not solved

I have tested your last update in which you say that the international keyboard issue is solved. In fact when I type a "a" on the iPad I receive correctly a "a" on the remote computer but the problem is not completely solved.
The mapping of the french azerty keyboard is not correct especially for the spécial character like , . ' ! , ? ( & ; and all the numbers. It seems like the ASCII table is not set correctly for all the keyboard.
Thank you for your answer and hope you will find a quick solution.
Best regards
JLD

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Daniel-2015
3 Argentium

You are correct, unfortunately there are still some issues that will need to be resolved in an upcoming maintanance release.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
fridgeS3
1 Copper

I can confirm this issue. i have entere in the connections options a German Keyboard Layout and wen I Open a RDP Session, there is an English Keyboard (with Change z and y )

Tags (3)
0 Kudos