Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 02:00

Is there an equivalent of PocketCloud for Windows?

Is there an equivalent of PocketCloud for Windows?

I'm boggled by all the products on the website. I've been using PocketCloud on my iPad to do remote admin work on various windows machines and love the fact I can connect to them without having to deal with VPN or NAT.

For the PC, I've been using Microsoft Remote Desktop Manager, but I have to set up NAT rules for each machine I want to get to, or use a VPN. I'd love to have the same ability on a desktop as I do on an iPad.

Does Wyse offer a product that allows this? I'm an independent IT consultant supporting a dozen businesses, so I don't want to have to build some sort of complex infrastructure for some Enterprise type solution at each site, all I'm looking for is to be able to do from a Windows PC what I can do from my iPad without having to install anything further on each client PC than the Wyse client that is already installed.

Thanks!

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

If you are using autoconnection then you dont need to vpn or abide by NAT rules. Are you connecting right now using manual connection? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

Sorry I definitely lost you. I'm not sure if I can explain something this technical in simpler terms though. I suspect your developers will be able to understand what I'm trying to explain though. I'm on my phone now, I'll take one more stab at it when I'm back in front of a pc.

6 Posts

Minimally I'd like a Windows based RDP client that works like the pocketcloud ipad client

But on a more extreme scope, I'd rather WYSE build an RDP proxy that uses your NAT/Firewall traversal technology that would allow ANY already existing RDP client to be able to connect to RDP sessions via your server agent. This means you don't need to worry about building and maintaining RDP clients for any platform, those already exist. This would allow you to leverage all existing RDP client software today and instead of those clients connecting directly to a server as they do today (and require NAT rules or VPN), it would instead connect to your technology which then allows that client to traverse firewall/NAT to connect to your agent running on any server.

Basically the latter I think would create something MUCH more useful to everyone and broaden your audience and potential revenue stream. Does my explanation make sense?

6 Posts

thanks very much, i figured there must be something and I was just missing it. I look forward to hearing from you at some point in the future if/when perhaps a beta is available. While you're taking requests on this subject.... I don't know how possible this is, but it might actually speed up development for you if something like this was doable....

rather than develop a whole new windows RDP client, perhaps you could find a way to set up existing clients to proxy through your services that allow the NAT/firewall transparency so I could continue to use my current RDP client for example but use WYSE's technology to traverse the firewall/NAT. Dunno how difficult/possible that would be, but just a thought.

925 Posts

Hi Robr, I am just trying to clarify the requirements. You want the existing pocketcloud companion to work like the rdp client ? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Robr, That is a great idea! we are thinking about it. Please stay tuned .
We will update you with our progress! 
We do not have any ETA as of now.

Thank you! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

August 10th, 2015 21:00

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. we will contact you for beta testing. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

this just came up again today with another client prompting me to check back on this thread. glad to hear someone in marketing over there is interested in running with this. hopefully it's a priority over there and not buried in a backlog with a 'would be nice someday' kind of priority 

925 Posts

Ok. Thank you Robr for the clarification! Thats what I understood first, but later misunderstood. As i mentioned before we are thinking about it. Dont have an ETA as of now. But we love to hear great ideas like yours! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

Please add your feature requests to the link below where our Product Team will review for future consideration.

http://wysetechnologyinc.zendesk.com...ature-requests

Thanks,

Chris

1 Message

Please add me as well. I went to your Google Docs link posted earlier in this thread and requested permission as well.

Thank you very much.

12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post

Thank you for offering your help. Sure, we will involve you .
Have you been part of our Beta program in the past? 
Thanks! 

I have not participated in your Beta program before. Is there a sign-up, or additional information that you need from me? Please let me know and I will take care of it right away.

Thanks...

1 Message

You can add me to the list of people interested in a Windows and Linux version of the WYSE Pocket Cloud client.

Thank you!!

//Dan

1 Message

further request

I would also be interested in a Windows version of the client. I have many customers that use SmartPhones to access their desktop machines (via WiFi or 3G/4G), but I also have some that have aircards for their notebooks and would like to access the Windows machine in their office.

However, I need to have them use VNC, not RDP, when accessing the host.

Essentially what I am looking for in the Windows (XP/7) environment is the same thing you currently have for Android and iOS:
The operator opens PocketCloud and the Auto Discovery shows his computer(s) that are connected. He picks the computer and enters his VNC password and is in!
I am looking for the simplest method possible for my customers to access their desktop machine, and this seems pretty simple.

Thank you

925 Posts

Hi Jf, we do have a program. you can sign up here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...RPalE&hl=en_US
Thanks! 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!