Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Issue or Feature Request?: Leave Session Open

Issue or Feature Request?: Leave Session Open

PocketCloud Pro: 2.1.200
iPad using iOS: 4.2.1
Manual WiFi (802.11g) connection to Solaris 10 5/09 for SPARC in local network

I frequently have to switch applications in order to review help docs, installation guides, perform research to troubleshoot an issue, etc... and the fact that I can't keep my PocketCloud Pro connection active when switching apps is a pain. Each time I switch apps and then back to PocketCloud Pro, I am presented with the main screen to select a machine (which I have to flip from portait to landscape 100% of the time - somebody else reported this) I then have to connect and login again which is a real pain if I just need to switch to a doc or spreadsheet to check or enter a value.

A configurable timeout value would be great, but even a fixed 10 minute window would be fine, an explicit disconnect option would also be valuable.

When I saw support for the new iPad multi-tasking features, I expected this to one... let me know if there is a config setting or something that I am missing.

Thanks,

Bill

623 Posts

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Bill,
Under Settings, do you have "Autoreconnect" on? 

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

August 1st, 2015 22:00

Can I jump in here with a related question? I just did the IOS upgrade and was disappointed that multitasking to Apple means multitasking capability if the app supports it. I see you are targeting end of q1. Thank you for continuing to make this awesome product better. 

My question is, will this support multiple sessions? I usually have 3 or 4 RDP sessions going at any point in time and would love to see that implemented. 

Thanks, Jon

544 Posts

This issue will be resolved once multi-tasking is added in our next release.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

Sounds great. Do you have any release date estimates so that I can look for it?

Thanks!

BTW Really impressed with the responsiveness to issues!

Yes, but have never seen it reconnect... Don't want to waste a bunch of time, so I've just been selecting my sever and manually reconnecting. What would be useful is for me to just reactivate the application and have it pop up with my existing connection without any delays other that a screen refresh if necessary.

544 Posts

Glad to help! Should be by the end of Q1 but as always no promises, don't want to disappoint should some tough bugs come up!

544 Posts

August 6th, 2015 03:00

Quote Originally Posted by Jconant View Post

Can I jump in here with a related question? I just did the IOS upgrade and was disappointed that multitasking to Apple means multitasking capability if the app supports it. I see you are targeting end of q1. Thank you for continuing to make this awesome product better. 

My question is, will this support multiple sessions? I usually have 3 or 4 RDP sessions going at any point in time and would love to see that implemented. 

Thanks, Jon 
No, only one session at a time. That is a good suggestion though that I will relay to our Product Team.

-Chris

No Events found!